CiFK2cy.png

By Scipio Africanus I

In This Issue:
  • Update
  • Interviews
  • Tavern Rumours
  • Wheel of Fortune

Update
Welcome to the fifth issue of Edessa Chronicles, where news is brought to you every 3 days! Let’s head into the Top 12 Alliance Update:
[spr]
ykSQgbG.png
[/spr]

Yes, I know, there are 15 alliances listed above! Currently Parthian Shot is in the lead followed by Havoc. Though Parthian Shot had an initial lead in the beginning, other alliances have slowly begun to catch up (PS used to be over twice as big second place but now is only 1.5 times as big number 2’s alliance.

There are some alliances that have gone on my radar. The alliances are:

• HAVOC-O44 and O54
  • Usual Suspects-O44
  • Agent Orange-O54
  • Men of Mayhem-O55
  • Victorious Secret-O56

HAVOC has was initially projected to sink, however in the last couple of days, their alliance skyrocketed to number 2. A map of their alliance can be shown below:
[spr]
OLGdeHe.png
[/spr]
As you can see above, most of their cities are in O44 and O54 and they are pretty clustered together. This alliance is now predicted to last for a pretty long time.

The next alliance I will look at is Usual Suspects. Currently, it rests at rank 4. Many people have thought that this alliance was a float. But, it’s still climbing the rankings. And fast. Here is a map of them:
[spr]
oxBbbhA.png
[/spr]
They are mainly located in O44, with some cities scattered outside the ocean. Their cities are pretty much clustered pretty close together. This alliance will continue to rise in the rankings in the coming weeks.

The next alliance we are going to look at is Agent Orange. Suddenly, they popped out of nowhere and they are now at rank 7. Let’s take a quick look at the map.
[spr]
hLEPCfU.png
[/spr]
As you can see from the map above, they are currently located in O54 and is 2nd place in that ocean. This alliance will float depending on what the alliance does with other alliances in the ocean.

Another alliance we are going to look at is Men of Mayhem. They are currently ranked 8th in the world. Let’s take a look at the map.
[spr]
FZQkNpN.png
[/spr]
This alliance is mainly located in O55, which occasional cities outside of the ocean. I predict they are going to float because as long as no one is bothering them, they’ll be OK.

The last alliance we are going to look at is Victorious Secret. They are currently 6th in the world. Let’s take a look at the map:
[spr]
eGBOqXw.png
[/spr]
From the map we can see that most of the cities are in southern O55 and Northern O65. This alliance skyrocketed from rank 15 to rank 6 in 2 weeks. This alliance could be a threat in the near future.

Interviews
IslandHarvester
Unusual Suspects

[spr]
What are your thoughts on the world so far?
IslandHarvester said:
Seems to be in favor of the pre made, not surprising.. Considering the names I see there. The world is still young, a lot can happen.
What are your thoughts on the Halloween Event?
IslandHarvester said:
Always enjoy the events, helps with stealing the booty!
What are your thoughts on the alliances in your ocean?
IslandHarvester said:
U/S is my alliance, I think we need to put ourselves in the middle of 44. Build a core and keeping progressing with the BP were obtaining from defending P/S.

Havoc, seemed to have exploded this past week. Gotta keep up with those guys or get left in the dust.

P/S, is the real focus here. Going to have to build a front and defend these guys from entering Oc44. Everyone was looking for which direction they were headed. I believe it will be Oc44.
Is there a coalition against Parthian Shot? If so, which alliances are part of it?
IslandHarvester said:
I'm just here to help out whatever team I'm apart of. I've seen on the forums about a "coalition", when your the #1 alliance.. Your going to have enemies.

"If you ain't first, your last"
How did you come up with the name "Island Harvester" and is there any meaning to it?
IslandHarvester said:
Well I played in Us34/Juktas, under a different name. Watched a guy IGN was Disturbedd. Watched him takeover all spots on islands by himself. Was interested in doing it myself, then stopped cause I realized, that's pretty stupid.
What are your goals for this world?
IslandHarvester said:
Was going to sin the world, now I'm planning to take it over.
To end the newspaper, what is your favorite book and why?
IslandHarvester said:
I don't read books, more of a visual person and just can't obtain that from books.

Huge fan of marvel series comics and movies.
[/spr]
Hankins
Rebooted

[spr]
Hankins said:
should have never been started duringthe halloween event....too many people buy gold and becoming unfair early
What worlds have you played before? Which ones were successful?
Hankins said:
I played us6 best world IMO alot of good players
What are your thoughts on the alliances in your ocean?
Hankins said:
They seem to be fine more respectful I feel then other worlds I have been in
Hankins said:
World wonders of course. I'm playing with alot of old Mates and old enemy's.....it's gonna be a fun race for the World wonders
Who came up with the alliance name? and why that name?
Hankins said:
You know that's a great question lol I don't know who picked it or why it was chosen
Have you declared war on anyone yet?
Hankins said:
Is there a coalition against Parthian Shot or are you fighting them 1v1?
Hankins said:
I can't give away all the secret diplomacy
To end the interview, what is your favorite book and why?
Hankins said:
Sun tzu
Art of warIt's leadership before people knew what leadership was. He was a tactical genius and great War mind
[/spr]
Twisted T-Bone
Legion of Death

[spr]
Twisted T-Bone said:
kinda still early no action yet but war is around the corner
Has your alliance declared war on anyone?
Twisted T-Bone said:
no war plans yet to find out things like that u must talk to one our diplomats
Twisted T-Bone said:
to be here to the end and maybe win this thing
There are many strong alliances in your ocean. What are your thoughts on them?
Twisted T-Bone said:
to be the best u must beat the best see alot of players here from others worlds only time will tell
To end the newspaper, what is your favorite book and why?
Twisted T-Bone said:
have not read many book tell tell heart because im twisted hard to fix all my problems
[/spr]
3dakar1
Parthian Shot

[spr]
3dakar1 said:
I think it will be interesting later. The two bigger teams who lead the world are both very good and experienced. It's gonna be fun.

For now, it is still pretty early to tell though..
What are your thoughts on the Halloween Event?
3dakar1 said:
i dont like it.. allows people do well without being any good or active. Of course it benefitted me as well, and yeah I used it, but I would be doing just fine without it, and I know so many who would not.
3dakar1 said:
i want to have fun
O55 seems to have some big alliances. What are your thoughts on them?
3dakar1 said:
I think it really only has one big alliance..

This world seems to lack that huge race for the top alliances race in the early game. There is Parthian Shot and HAVOC, and that's about it. The other ones do no damage, just check the alliances ABP rankings lol
Is Parthian Shot going to be here for WW?
3dakar1 said:
I hope so

Our alliance came over from US34, Juktas. There we were called Radioactive, and we were one of the first big alliances when the world started, and we ended up winning the world. We tend to stick around..

But a lot can happen
Did Parthian Shot recruit players here or did recruitment close when the world started?
3dakar1 said:
we recruited some here. Most are from the premade
Have you declared war on anyone yet? If so, what is the score?
3dakar1 said:
i dont know, we dont need to keep score
To end the interview, what is your favorite book and why?
3dakar1 said:
the Bible.
[/spr]
Tavern
bPf0VfN.png

The tavern is currently under construction!
However, the bartender has found interesting mails that was left behind. Here is what he discovered.

[spr]
Yesterday at 6:04
Dear Parthian Shot,
Hello everyone! I am Charl, your founder! Here is the things I’m going to cover today:
1-Message from Olaric
2-OP 13th Postpone
3-Upcoming Things

1-First, I would like to talk about a message sent by a player named Olaric I
This is his message:
Dear Swamp-Fox,

I would like to offer you a deal that would benefit both your alliance and the rest of the world.

My proposal: Starting Friday the 13th, there would be a 10 day truce with the rest of the world.

Reason:
-Currently, you hold the number 1 spot in US49 World Edessa, tripling the next alliance
-This would allow other alliances to grow and it would increase competition and would make this world lively.
-It would allow more fun as there's more fighting going on.

I plead with you to accept this agreement.

Sincerely.

R.H.Stogus

When he sent the message, I immediately rejected it. But now, I have second thoughts on it. I might give this a chance. This brings me to my second point.

2-We will postpone our OP for 10 days exact. OP will resume exactly on November 23,2015 12:00 ET.

3-Christmas Event is coming up. Be prepared to spend a ton of money and get a ton of manticores as soon as you can.

Sincerely,
Charl
Founder
[/spr]
[spr]
Hey Stogie,
I want you to post this on the externals.
(This Message was Forwarded)
Today at 0:06
Dear Agent Orange members
I have created an OP that will last us to world wonders.
1-Colonize and Conquer Mix- What does this mean? This means, we conquer alliances’ cities. All of you know how there’s colonize only islands. Fill every spot with our cities. IF there’s an enemies’ city on the colonize island, take that city, no matter how small. That way we will be solid and tightly packed
2-Max the following buildings
  • Warehouse
  • Market
  • Wood Production
  • Rock Production
  • Silver Production
Please, everyone should research ceramics as it will increase warehouse size.
Do the Halloween Event. I have a list of recipes in the General tab and get as many resource packages, boosters, etc and STORE THEM in your inventory and use it during WW. That way we’ll have a slight advantage when it comes to resource use.

Sincerely,
Leadership
[/spr]
[spr]
Dear Shoot and Scoot
Shoot and Scoot has now merged with Sith Battle Toads. Some of you will get invites to their academy while some of you will be invited to the main alliance. But don’t worry, we will all be using the same forums.

Sincerely,
Cheater of Life
[/spr]

Wheel of Fortune
Last Issue’s Winner: spartacg
Proof:
cym81fA.png

PRIZE: 1000 of each resource!

Welcome to the 4rd Wheel of Fortune.
Pick a number between 0-50
See you next week.

I hope you enjoyed this issue. If you want to +rep me, go ahead! If you want to enter the Wheel of Fortune, I highly recommend it! If you have any suggestions please post below. See you all in the next issue!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3109

How come sparta won:( bootyhurt. Great paper as usual I pick 22. BTW VS is now in 5th and growing.

DeletedUser12275

I honestly do not think we have been in the world for more than 2 weeks lol...but yeah we been simming we are good at it...we learned in farm ville!!

DeletedUser

wait I won um thats not my in game name btw I didnt prepare for this I was just guessing
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

oh and great as always

DeletedUser271

Great paper, I'd +rep but can't :-(

I'm guessing 28 for the wheel thingie.

DeletedUser11410

Hey Stogie,
I want you to post this on the externals.
(This Message was Forwarded)
Today at 0:06
Dear Agent Orange members
I have created an OP that will last us to world wonders.
1-Colonize and Conquer Mix- What does this mean? This means, we conquer alliances’ cities. All of you know how there’s colonize only islands. Fill every spot with our cities. IF there’s an enemies’ city on the colonize island, take that city, no matter how small. That way we will be solid and tightly packed
2-Max the following buildings
Warehouse
Market
Wood Production
Rock Production
Silver Production

Please, everyone should research ceramics as it will increase warehouse size.
Do the Halloween Event. I have a list of recipes in the General tab and get as many resource packages, boosters, etc and STORE THEM in your inventory and use it during WW. That way we’ll have a slight advantage when it comes to resource use.

Sincerely,
Leadership

We never sent out this message to our members, nice fake MM you guys came up with though. Also we never sign Sincerely Leadership, we either put our name or nothing at all. Just a heads up for the next fake MM you guys post.

DeletedUser5088

Nice paper, i choose 25.

Mooninite they are funny! like when he signs ours with the wrong people as leaders

DeletedUser11560

We never sent out this message to our members, nice fake MM you guys came up with though. Also we never sign Sincerely Leadership, we either put our name or nothing at all. Just a heads up for the next fake MM you guys post.

I'm actually not affiliated with any alliance; I have my own alliance called Edessa Chronicles.
I like putting humor in newspapers :D