Top 12 Sink or Swim

Kmoney is right you can be a simmer if you have a high pt total ... Steve is 1 in pts and 11 in fighting that's not really simming, now if Steve was 30th or more maybe. I am not sure whats going on up your way but sounds like a heated rivalry...

There are better examples of simmers with high pt totals low fighting totals, will not publish here but easy to figure out. Look at the pt totals then go to fighting, if your pt totals are significantly higher then your fighting totals then yes you will be branded a simmer.

DeletedUser1943

Kmoney is right you can be a simmer if you have a high pt total ... Steve is 1 in pts and 11 in fighting that's not really simming, now if Steve was 30th or more maybe. I am not sure whats going on up your way but sounds like a heated rivalry...

There are better examples of simmers with high pt totals low fighting totals, will not publish here but easy to figure out. Look at the pt totals then go to fighting, if your pt totals are significantly higher then your fighting totals then yes you will be branded a simmer.

Are there better examples? Of course. But being #1 in point total, and 20th in ABP is unimpressive. But I do not want sidetrack the conversation, just had to put in my two cents.

DeletedUser566

I have seen several examples of people that have high pts and low ABP/DBP.... and sometimes that is me ... but I am active.. just get into periods where real life means I do what I can in the games...

Tanikova there are always exceptions to the rule nothing is dead on, Being as i played with you i know you and i know you are a fighter and are active. Miss playing with you actually :)..

Kmoney i see what your saying.... Steve is active and i see him taking cities could it be higher sure but can say that about others as well.

DeletedUser1943

Tanikova there are always exceptions to the rule nothing is dead on, Being as i played with you i know you and i know you are a fighter and are active. Miss playing with you actually :)..

Kmoney i see what your saying.... Steve is active and i see him taking cities could it be higher sure but can say that about others as well.

32 of his last 33 conquests have been internals.... active sure. I'll settle for "active".

DeletedUser566

You make me blush... I am an average player.. more a team support.. giving them extra clearing waves or extra support waves.. though there have been times when I got my dander up and let loose the dogs on a city... but you know how it is with us little old cookie and cake baking ladies... especially those with mouths like longshoremen

DeletedUser566

how the heck did I get double posted??

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Tanikova, i would like to see a domination type ending or something war based. This is a Strategy War Game not a Simm game that is what wonders is.

DeletedUser1943

I agree Tanikova, i would like to see a domination type ending or something war based. This is a Strategy War Game not a Simm game that is what wonders is.

I agree as well. It goes against the premise of the rest of the game.

DeletedUser4951

I agree, jaelys, we have been targeting the weaknesses for sure. I guess it is the easiest way to get a foothold. Pick off the easy cities. Gain island control. Then go for the more active experienced players. At least that's how I do it. We have definitely been pretty quiet up there lately. Apologies for the boredom. Haha. As far as support goes... If nobody fights for the cities, no need to have a dozen people support. I figure the average 4-6k biremes and 2k fts will hold just fine. let the others help somewhere else. :)

I know this is old...but I was in finals and want to give some insight. This is the same mistake you,bro, and zeta made in Omicron...hilariously enough this is the same thing I told Bro, Red, and Zeta that they would repeat before I left Pella.

Let me ask you something.... Remember when I came on roughly one year ago into CM and you guys wanted to do this exact same thing? Everything was a mess, the culture in CM was wrong, there were simmers and enabling of simming, and RC was in your home ocean. The first thing I proposed was to assault a big player. Really didn't seem like it was a popular idea. Now fast forward to about 8 months later...someone else gets this idea and poof your top player is gone not even inactive or rage VMing he straight up ghosted. That alone should sell you on the idea of taking a chance and attacking tougher opponents.

I'd hate to say it, but right off the bat FU was doomed to not meet its goals. Just based on the arrogance shown by its founders, combined with the same mentality that ultimately contributed to a loss a year ago. There's a good 99% chance that MV runs away with this one with it being 11m ahead of you guys alone, then having an academy + allies I believe. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if TGS was crown sharing with MV too with how diplomacy seems to have been handled.

Honestly your only 1% chance is going balls to the wall and assaulting all your reds trying to break them.

TSF i disagree on one thing i believe no one will win this world till almost the world ends, too many big alliances with coalitions. No way one Alliance gets 4 wonders let alone 7..

I could be wrong but just my opinion... As for us joining with MV tried that and they were immature and without Sgrey there or Buck no one there to keep them in line..
This is not about how how feel about MV this is coming from several sources in MV Coalition itself...

Plus there are factions, they do not work all together, the ex pandas attack and support their own and do not help the rest. It is what it is and i am not alone on that opinion either..

DeletedUser

With or without SGrey and Buck, MV is still a force to be reckoned with. I miss both SGrey (she started in my alliance) and Buck (I had great talks and laughs with him). I always try to respect all players, allies or enemies, and there are only a few I do not like or talk to. A few I rimmed because of their arrogance and stupidity. Many I laugh with. I know many in MV use a lot of gold, but I don't care about that when WW starts. Can't buy resources and favor. So when WW phase starts we all have to do the boring thing...sim and send resources. That is the time that dedication will show through. In Zeta, Chaos had fewer players but still put up a great fight and gave Ascension a run for the win. I believe this one will be a great battle since there are more groups prepared to make a run for the wonders. The most interesting thing will be if any of the groups will join forces and become a mega group. If any of the top 5 groups join together they will have the advantage. But that would mean someone would have to let go of their ego and allow others to win....
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

Not sure any of our egos can handle that. lol. But time will tell.

Not saying they are not a force Indy, just saying that without those 2 in charge its like a free for all, I know this bc i hear things..
I will always give someone the benefit of the doubt and i worked with them with Sgrey and Buck and after them and it was a difference, no leader to keep all those egos in check and other other things..
Wallet Warriors they are but that's their choice but it most certainly makes a difference they can rebuild troops faster (Wonder Breaks it will help) but you are right resources and favor even playing field..

DeletedUser4951

Hey people had Chiguanas crushing Picnic Bunnies...they took on a coalition to help them and are poised to fall out of the top 12 now. Always be wary of alliances and their ability to work together. Even in our darkest time our enemies couldn't touch us. So as long as they're potent they're dangerous and definitely in it.

DeletedUser12313

I know this is old...but I was in finals and want to give some insight. This is the same mistake you,bro, and zeta made in Omicron...hilariously enough this is the same thing I told Bro, Red, and Zeta that they would repeat before I left Pella.

Let me ask you something.... Remember when I came on roughly one year ago into CM and you guys wanted to do this exact same thing? Everything was a mess, the culture in CM was wrong, there were simmers and enabling of simming, and RC was in your home ocean. The first thing I proposed was to assault a big player. Really didn't seem like it was a popular idea. Now fast forward to about 8 months later...someone else gets this idea and poof your top player is gone not even inactive or rage VMing he straight up ghosted. That alone should sell you on the idea of taking a chance and attacking tougher opponents.

I'd hate to say it, but right off the bat FU was doomed to not meet its goals. Just based on the arrogance shown by its founders, combined with the same mentality that ultimately contributed to a loss a year ago. There's a good 99% chance that MV runs away with this one with it being 11m ahead of you guys alone, then having an academy + allies I believe. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if TGS was crown sharing with MV too with how diplomacy seems to have been handled.

Honestly your only 1% chance is going balls to the wall and assaulting all your reds trying to break them.

Whew man, take a breath.

Lets see just how poorly that strategy has done for us. List of surrounding enemy conquest comparison for all time and 30 days

All Time
FU/FU2 vs DM - 39-19
FU/FU2 vs Jokers - 19-9
FU/FU2 vs StormVarden - 15-4
FU/FU2 vs TGS - 33-10
FU/FU2 vs TGT - 142-12

30 Days
FU/FU2 vs DM - 12-3
FU/FU2 vs Jokers - 9-2
FU/FU2 vs StormVarden - 3-0
FU/FU2 vs TGS - 3-0
FU/FU2 vs TGT - 44-3

Id say whatever tactics we are using have done us well. Wont bother mentioning the alliances that don't exist anymore.

Very nice speech though. :)

DeletedUser12313

Cant forget those Trolling Turtles though!!!! 5-4 .. Well done Turtles

Compton no offense but FU is no threat in our arena, only had 4 good players one we ran out of this world. Your strength is not in our area, also when we concentrated on you guys we dominated your alliance. We are facing 4 enemies surrounding us no other alliance has done what we have so yeah on paper looks nice but look deeper....

I will give credit to what you guys are doing far east, well done..