Banned for Unapproved Scripts (EN vs US)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have been hearing about some more people getting banned for "unapproved scripts" who only use scripts in the approved list. The admins who answered questions about this have pointed folks to the following URL:

List of Approved Scripts on the EN forums

I am NOT bringing this up to point to appeal any bans, but rather to point out that the list of approved scripts on the EN forums is different than the list on the US forums.

List of Approved Scripts on the US forums

• What is the ONE item approved in the US list, but NOT in the EN list? DIO-Tools
  • What is the script run by all of the people getting banned in the US for "unapproved scripts" who can't figure out what they did wrong? DIO-Tools.
Can we get a unified list of approved scripts so that folks responsible for banning people don't have any confusion?

DeletedUser2812

Can we get a unified list of approved scripts so that folks responsible for banning people don't have any confusion?

This would be quite helpful, considering that even moderators have got the lists mixed up.

DeletedUser

The list should be updated. DIO-Tools is also allowed on the EN market.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The list should be updated. DIO-Tools is also allowed on the EN market.

Diony, can u work with the mods on this please, we are having trouble with people being banned for them, when they show legal. thanks for the help on this.

DeletedUser5

Dio Tools has been added to our list of approved scripts, thats merely an oversight. I can assure you that no one is being banned for using Dio Tools.

DeletedUser

Diony, can u work with the mods on this please, we are having trouble with people being banned for them, when they show legal. thanks for the help on this.
This can not happen when using DIO tools, because it is not a bot. Unfortunately, some players are not honest when they use bots and blame it on allowed scripts. This is a very popular excuse.
cnfy7elqh8dotnsdp.gif

DeletedUser

Thanx for taking care of this oversight on the EN forum side. I've got a background in writing game software so I understand what you're saying. There was a fear that folks were getting banned due to a misunderstanding.

I guess it's time to go call a bunch of people I know a pack of rotten cheaters. I'm sure the bot-tracking system is perfect and needs no review or additional oversight.
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser

Thanx for taking care of this oversight on the EN forum side. I've got a background in writing game software so I understand what you're saying. There was a fear that folks were getting banned due to a misunderstanding.

I guess it's time to go call a bunch of people I know a pack of rotten cheaters. I'm sure the bot-tracking system is perfect and needs no review or additional oversight.
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

Thanks for your reply. You are 100% right there is no system that is perfect in detecting bots, and all systems require review and oversight. Our servers can and will issue automatic bans for very serious bots that preform several actions in game that are impossible for humans to preform. These automatic bans are few and far between, as most modern bots have anti detection mechanisms that do not preform these illegal actions. We provide oversight on this system by allowing you to appeal.

Then we have another system that we use, which flags users that may be using a bot. All players detected using this system must be manually checked by an operator, and manually banned by a senior member of our team or above. This means that not even moderators have access or are privy to any information inside this system. A large portion of bans (90%+) come from this system. All bans issued by this system are recorded in a log, which I review daily to ensure that there are no mistakes. This provides both oversight and review.

On top of that our development team is constantly working to improve and update our detection mechanisms, these updates happen very frequently, however they are never announced to anyone outside of the team that handles bot issues.

Edit: On a side note, as someone that has personally used DIO Tools in the past (on the EN server and US server), it does not cause you to be banned, or even flagged for that matter.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the sincere reply to my tongue-in-cheek comments...and for not banning me for "extreme smart " violations.
smiley_emoticons_smilenew.gif

DeletedUser7490

I have been hearing about some more people getting banned for "unapproved scripts" who only use scripts in the approved list. The admins who answered questions about this have pointed folks to the following URL:

List of Approved Scripts on the EN forums

I am NOT bringing this up to point to appeal any bans, but rather to point out that the list of approved scripts on the EN forums is different than the list on the US forums.

List of Approved Scripts on the US forums

• What is the ONE item approved in the US list, but NOT in the EN list? DIO-Tools
  • What is the script run by all of the people getting banned in the US for "unapproved scripts" who can't figure out what they did wrong? DIO-Tools.

The purists dont use scripts nor do players who actually have skill ;) your Boss the Who :p

DeletedUser10111

this whole thread should be closed...just saying before it runs away.

Moderation

Guidelines for the forum

If you have a query or problem with any of the moderation, do not create a topic or post about it. Please PM CrimsonBlue.
If you wish to create a topic or post regarding moderation, please contact the relevant moderator first.
Do not insult or degrade any of the moderators in any way. Treat them as you would a normal player – remember they play Grepolis too!
The moderators have the right to edit or delete posts and close topics. Please follow their instructions.
If you notice that your post or topic was deleted, it has been removed for a good reason. Do not rewrite it. If need be, PM the moderator in question about why it was removed.
Ban or infraction discussion is not allowed on the forums.

DeletedUser

this whole thread should be closed...just saying before it runs away.

Moderation

Guidelines for the forum

If you have a query or problem with any of the moderation, do not create a topic or post about it. Please PM CrimsonBlue.
If you wish to create a topic or post regarding moderation, please contact the relevant moderator first.
Do not insult or degrade any of the moderators in any way. Treat them as you would a normal player – remember they play Grepolis too!
The moderators have the right to edit or delete posts and close topics. Please follow their instructions.
If you notice that your post or topic was deleted, it has been removed for a good reason. Do not rewrite it. If need be, PM the moderator in question about why it was removed.
Ban or infraction discussion is not allowed on the forums.

Did you actually read the thread?

DeletedUser

This thread has been left open because of a large number of queries we were receiving before it was created. It was an great opportunity for us to discuss with the community that we take measures to ensure these bans are correct. With that said, I believe it has served its purpose and it will now be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.