Backstabbing

DeletedUser10222

Tell about your most interesting backstabbing moments.(Doesn't matter if you are the person back stabbed or the backstabber)

DeletedUser10773

Just recently joined (under a different name) so have not had an opportunity to stab or be stabbed, but will closely monitor this thread. Could make for interesting reading
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

DeletedUser10222

Well, might as well add mine. I just recently was back stabbed for no reason by my alliance.

DeletedUser10773

Well, might as well add mine. I just recently was back stabbed for no reason by my alliance.

I find that things rarely happen for no reason. Perhaps for no GOOD reason, or no reason you UNDERSTAND, but not no reason. Try to look at the bright side .. now you know what kind of backstabbing lowlifes they are and you are probably better off without them.

DeletedUser

EN Omega, the final first gen world was approaching the end of the World Wonder Era. Two alliances (Ownage and Warlords) were neck and neck, each having already completed 3 of the 4 needed. Both alliances were dumping resources as fast as possible to beat the other. Neither side could be confident that they would finish before the other, but Ownage looked to be slightly ahead of Warlords. Then, the unthinkable. A player from Omega (who was on the WW Island that needed finished) jumped to Warlords, destroying all of Ownage's progress. Simply because he wanted a crown. He wanted a crown enough to betray his former friends and allies for a group he didn't even know. With all the progress destroyed, Warlords won only two days later. All because they convinced one player to jump ship for a crown. One player jumping ship ruined an entire group's work for the past 16 months. If that's not the biggest backstab ever I don't know what is.

DeletedUser

I can think of bigger :D

Like players who go in VM on the first day of wonders, then leave the alliance 12 hours before VM kicks in with a city on every wonder island.

DeletedUser

He wanted a crown enough to betray his former friends and allies for a group he didn't even know.

Everyone knows everyone, pretty good chance he knew the other guys, maybe knew them for a fair old while before he did that.

Backstabbing goes on everywhere, wether its breaking NAPS or Pacts, to spies feeding back Wonder info to other alliances. Its a wargame, sadly that means sneakiness and subtifuge are tactics.

Me, I'd rather be loyal and lose, but in my experience there are very few see it that way (and would admit to it)

DeletedUser10773

So true. It would be better if you could count on the truth of the old adage that "what goes around comes around" but sadly it's too easy to just start over under another name. If Inno would not allow the use more than one player name then those you betrayed would remember what a backstabbing scumbag you are and get their revenge in another world.
cigrqlp2odi2kqo24.gif

DeletedUser10222

I find that things rarely happen for no reason. Perhaps for no GOOD reason, or no reason you UNDERSTAND, but not no reason. Try to look at the bright side .. now you know what kind of backstabbing lowlifes they are and you are probably better off without them.

Ya, I guess its for the best. I really was starting to hate that world. All it is is a major Backstabbing orgy that feeds itself.

DeletedUser

MRA's have taken over the entire world D:

What has happened to Grepolis? Lol

DeletedUser5088

Grepolis has always been a game of MRAs. There is always an alliance that will eventually disrupt the MRA though. And eventually these alliance will come to the realization that their isn't enough room for all of them and only 1 winner.

DeletedUser

I can think of two.

EN3 Gamma, my alliance named Vahalla decided to split in 3 parts do to Internal fighting, and Location. We were all going to be allies, but my alliance Rout de la Mort decided that some of their border cities would be useful. We asked for an exchange and we were attacked. After that we took all of their cites by force, until most of the ghosted.

EN55 Idalium, I was in an alliance named *Knights of Mayhem*. Their leader Vallenteno told me to go take a look at the largley growing alliance Night Fall who was ranked one in everything. I joined Night Fall and Val told the alliance I was a traitor so I was attacked. I joined NF and ended up winning the server with my new allies.

DeletedUser14245

Wow...unfortunately I have been a backstabber lately.

US51, Gela: I lost a city to Darkmender (Brotherhood of Minions Leader) and soon Storm Dragons Reborn and The Dragon Dens were calling me a simmer and tried to take over my cities. I left and joined Brotherhood of Minions. It isn't a big backstab, but I have been called very mean things. I didn't really want to be put in that position at all, but I decided to go down with a fight rather than without a fight.