Lost my city

DeletedUser

What happens when you lose your city? Do you get to start over?

DeletedUser

Pretty much. If you lose your only city, it's as if you restarted through settings. You choose your direction, and get a new city. And then it's back to building up. Try building more defenses and making more friends this time around. :)

DeletedUser

Saw the title and thought aww. If you are still in your alliance when you're rimmed/log on it'll give you an option of restarting next to them.

DeletedUser39

You only get to start over if the city that was conquered was your last city. If you for example have 3 cities and lose one, you will just have 1 city less and no harm will be done. If indeed it's your last city, you will have to start over, or quit the server (if you don't plan on rebuilding)

DeletedUser

Soooo, you can spend alot of money building your city and many hours building up your city just so some other player can come and take it all away from you in one night? Really? hmmmm I think Ill put my investments somewhere else this makes no sense to me. Being able to take the additional cities makes sense but taking the main away where a player (payer) has to start all over is not good business sense. Shame nice game but business wise. People who can afford to pay will obvious be at work making money while some fat kid living at home with mom will come along and steal your investment while your at work. Yes its an investment when its a game that costs money to excel. Shame would have liked to spent more time on this game but any loss of cash and time is not a game to me.

DeletedUser

Soooo, you can spend alot of money building your city and many hours building up your city just so some other player can come and take it all away from you in one night? Really? hmmmm I think Ill put my investments somewhere else this makes no sense to me. Being able to take the additional cities makes sense but taking the main away where a player (payer) has to start all over is not good business sense. Shame nice game but business wise. People who can afford to pay will obvious be at work making money while some fat kid living at home with mom will come along and steal your investment while your at work. Yes its an investment when its a game that costs money to excel. Shame would have liked to spent more time on this game but any loss of cash and time is not a game to me.

Respectfully, this opinion is biased and quite unfair. To say a "fat kid living at home with mom" will come along and "steal your investment" is horribly biased, offensive, and unfair. There are many players who play this game who work like anyone else. This is a war game. The purpose is to conquer others. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but it is always fair and equal that all players have the same chance to win. With over 16 million players, Grepolis has proven to be a strategy game that many can play and enjoy and the vast majority of them will not win. Worlds open regularly to give players a chance to grow and hone their skills and get better, but even with that, most players will be conquered. Only the strong survive. This is Grepolis.

DeletedUser

You forgot thisisgrepolis Daedalus.

Anyways Bush, the conquest system is designed to allow maximum time for the defender to be aware that there is/will be a conquer attempt on his city, while not taking too long. The Revolt system, which is currently on Alpha (us1), takes 12 hours after a successful attack before you can attempt to conquer a city. The Conquest system, which is currently on Beta (us2), takes 24/world speed (in the case of Beta (speed 2), it would take 12) hours to conquer the city, during which case your allies and friends can attempt to stop the conquest by attacking your city (it makes sense in context).
Oh, and you can do pretty well without gold, gold just streamlines things, such as farming and city management, and can speed up construction and recruitment, but you can't buy the resources you'll need without a heck of a lot of gold and luck.

There's my 2 cents, do with it as you will.

DeletedUser

You don't need money to be "good" at this game. I have never spent a dime on this game and I used to not play alot and I should have a second city today or tommorow. And I don't get why people think that all the good players are fat kids that have no life. And if you don't want to be conquered play simcity, or if you still want to play grepolis I know that the .en server has a perfect world for you, it's called Hyperborea, just thought I would direct you to that.

DeletedUser

So my city is in the process of being conquered. I had a large volume of troops, IMO, that were defending for the original attack and for the subsequent attack I had far less produced and they were all defeated. Is there anything I can do to protect my city? Assuming no one in my alliance is able to help then am I correct in that my city will go to conqueror and my city I've been working on for 20 days will be gone permanently and I will have to start with nothing again? Assuming it does, what prevents the person who conquered me before from taking over a new city that I found, since they know I will be vulnerable?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39

So my city is in the process of being conquered. I had a large volume of troops, IMO, that were defending for the original attack and for the subsequent attack I had far less produced and they were all defeated. Is there anything I can do to protect my city? Assuming no one in my alliance is able to help then am I correct in that my city will go to conqueror and my city I've been working on for 20 days will be gone permanently and I will have to start with nothing again? Assuming it does, what prevents the person who conquered me before from taking over a new city that I found, since they know I will be vulnerable?

If your alliance isn't able to help you break a conquest, I'd suggest you to find a different one, because that's nonsense.

Anyhow, to your question, there's not much you can do yourself when you're being conquered (I assume you're talking about a conquest world). You'll simply have to wait, or hit restart if you don't feel like waiting to be conquered. If you have only 1 city and all troops were killed, and nobody is able to help you, you can count that city as 'lost'.

And, what you can do to prevent? You can't prevent a conquest to happen, but you can make it harder. Build up your wall to a high level for a good extra def %. Build a tower, if that's what it takes, and have a steady defence with moderately balanced defences (Don't solely build swordsmen, make archers and hoplites too, or you'll be vulnerable).

Might you see a conquest attempt heading towards your city, cancel all building orders and demolish the tower, so that it'll be gone a few minutes after the conquest starts. If the enemy doesn't get through, cancel the demolishing, and start building other buildings again. This way you will profit from the tower's presence, but your enemy won't.

DeletedUser

Well I guess those 25 days of working on my city were wasted...Not going to do that again, was a good game while it lasted.

Peace

Also, does anyone know how to delete a forum and game account?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well I guess those 25 days of working on my city were wasted...Not going to do that again, was a good game while it lasted.

Peace

Game accounts are deleted in game under the settings menu. Forum accounts can just go dormant if you would like or if you need it deleted, you can PM me and I will handle it for you. Good luck in the future.

DeletedUser

You don't need money to be "good" at this game. I have never spent a dime on this game and I used to not play alot and I should have a second city today or tommorow. And I don't get why people think that all the good players are fat kids that have no life. And if you don't want to be conquered play simcity, or if you still want to play grepolis I know that the .en server has a perfect world for you, it's called Hyperborea, just thought I would direct you to that.

To be honest and not offensive if you might, if you havent spent a dime then you havenever been big. I have had 90 cities and you cant do it without the admin. And when attacking you need Commander and captain if you want to be a force. this game is fun, hard, and takes alot of failure to learn to succeed. Learn from your mistakes dont give up and get the admin. You will succeed in grepolis

DeletedUser

Peace

Dont give up you usually get conquered your first time, i have been conquered many times with only one city. I started playing at 11 3 yers ago. I was conquered 3 times with one city. Then finally got up to 5 cities, was getting attacked so i quit. Came back a year ago. Managed 5 accounts . one with 90 city, one with 40, another with 25, and another with only 5. But point is you shouldnt give up over one loss, Learn from your mistakes. Wait for a spd 3 world that i join. Ill be happy to help you out, show you the ropes.

DeletedUser

You don't need premium at all to succeed, sure, it helps (a heck of a lot), but anyone who's active enough can manage without any gold at all, up to a pretty darn large number of cities.

But you are right, my first ever city got conquered, but when I restarted I did much better, having learned from my mistakes (some of them anyways). I still play that world, and while I'm not really in the top (somewhere in the 200's usually), I'm still quite happy to still be there.

DeletedUser

There's nothing you can do to prevent it from reoccurring; However, you can learn from this and gain experience and I suggest that if you lose your one and only city that, when you do restart(and you should because if you quit because you got conquered you are a QUITTER), choose a DIFFERENT direction than you were in. If your alliance did not help you defend your city that was conquered, then it is not a TRUE alliance and I would recommend that you remain alliance-less until you have messaged a few leaders and researched around to see which alliance would fit your needs. Choosing the top ranked alliance is not always the best option. Make suer which alliance you choose is located near enough to you to be able to support and defend you if need be and vice versa.

DeletedUser

This is one of the reasons that we have morale based on all worlds so far. Morale makes it much harder for a larger player to conquer a smaller one as it gives a defensive bonus to the smaller player based on size differential. It will cost the larger player a lot more troops to hit a very small player compared to one closer to his/her own size.

DeletedUser

Exactly i love morale, in other worlds i woudl be attacked by 2mil plus point players, I coudl kill LS nukes with only 60-70 biremes. Bigger players dont liek it but the reality is you shouldnt be picking on the small guys

DeletedUser39

Exactly i love morale, in other worlds i woudl be attacked by 2mil plus point players, I coudl kill LS nukes with only 60-70 biremes. Bigger players dont liek it but the reality is you shouldnt be picking on the small guys

The problem is that sometimes, there are only small players surrounding you. At Alpha, I can't attack anyone with less than 40k points because my morale will get <100%. Now, how many players of 40k+ do you think there are near me? Right, about 1 or 2; all other players are non-viable targets because my losses will be far too high in comparisson for what I'd get.

I don't like morale, as do a lot of other players, but I'm fine with it thus far - I just wonder how 'balanced' morale will be when we're a few months ahead.