The Oracle of Upsilon: Top 15

DeletedUser6798

Go back and read what you quoted.. He said Matter Nation.. Anything else you wish to spin? goodness gracious you reach more by the hour!

DeletedUser

Notice the edit. His original said Antimatter as if he were shouting it from the virtual rooftop. Later he amended it, and you know this to be on the mark. No spin, just a good memory for prophecies gone wrong.

DeletedUser6798

Lol I cant prove otherwise so I wont refute. I still dont believe you! :p

DeletedUser

Alliances 1-15

Children of Upsilon! Let those who have ears listen, those who have eyes see!

False prophets speak of sinking and swimming. But verily I say unto you, neither shall you sink nor swim in the months to come. Rather, you shall become dead in the water, stuck in the Sargassom Sea of a post-adolescent speed one world.

Any headway made will be by slowly kedging one's way through the flotsam and jetsam of inactive and ghost cities. Soon enough any chance of victory shall come not with the crushing of walls by catapults but by the slow and tedious brick added to brick in the building of a World Wonder. The months to come shalll test each for the depth of soul and commitment.

Those former Hive members who so readily followed Oliver's call to turn from honeybee to honeydipper shall question themselves as to why they abandoned their honor and principles for such a grind. Why stay and live with the error in judgement when new servers lie but just a few mouse clicks away?

Also, Real Life ... Happens:

A couples counsellor may suggest to Momqb and Lord Squid that they spend more time sharing moments of real life instead of sharing an attack planner.

A school psychologist may convince Proniculus (i.e. 'little Pronius) that playing Forge of Empires in liue of grepolis will prevent his tendency to control his 'terrible twos'-like temper tantrums.

Ximikos might get a real paying job other than his working for AR and receiving internally traded cities.

This is not a time for 'survival of the fittest'; this is not the time for using past evolutionary patterns to predict those of the future. No, quite the opposite. A new era has dawned in Upsilon. Just as the insects (the Hive) yielded supremacy to the cold-blooded lizards of AM/DM, the treacherous reptilian serpent (AM/DM) must now give way to the warm-hearted mammals (The Alliances that Really Matter). The technique of laying traitorous eggs and the tactic of hatching plots, schemes and malignant machinations has run its course and is coming to an end.

If you still insist on using the past to predict the future just remember how the era of exoskeletons came to an end. Their outward veneer of invincibility proved no match for the amphibian and reptiles that came after.

The Oracle hath spoken! Wisdom, be attentive!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6798

Sorry mikos.. despite your best attempts your sink/swim or Top 15.. w/e you would like to call it will never provoke the discussions caused by mine. Considering your excessive need to prove your mastering of the english language by writing little blurbs such as the masterpiece above, it must really irk you inside that no one really takes your hard work any more seriously than the lint in their pockets.

However I am glad that you chose to write this one your own little thread. It is a sad attempt to belittle the effort I put into my Sink/Swim by merely stating that no one will sink nor swim anymore. Last I checked, 6 months to WW's is a long time. almost two thirds of the life of this server. So while you think everyone is going to happily bounce along until WW's, this false prophet still thinks there is a lot of game left to be played. (Just like I predicted the downfall of Last Rites).

It also amazes me that after months you still are talking about The Hive players separately from AM/DM.. Trust me I know this is a mere ploy to emphasize any separation between our single unit But it gets old, and just makes you look sour. Why would anyone want to leave the winning side right now after all this time?

There I put more thought and effort into your claims than you did mine (once again) I have posed several points/questions to you, but I doubt you will even attempt to answer them. Instead you will find some way to downplay my points, question my integrity, question my alliances resolve, and call yourself king and/or prophet. But let me ask you this? No one ever declared you a prophet, and you are not yet king. So by constantly referring to yourself as these things, who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself? Ximikos, you are obviously an intelligent individual. Your verbiage is unrivaled by anyone on the entire server. But that doesnt mean we all are simpletons that take your propaganda soliloquies for absolute truth. So really, who are you trying to kid?

DeletedUser

Instead you will find some way to downplay my points, question my integrity, question my alliances resolve, and call yourself king and/or prophet. But let me ask you this? No one ever declared you a prophet, and you are not yet king. So by constantly referring to yourself as these things, who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself?

As Aristotle once said, "a thought becomes a word, a word a deed, a deed a habit, and good habits the virutous man".

I shall win the crown because I will to win the crown; I will it and so shall it be. It's a good habit I've formed in my lifetime; it's called being successful.

attachment.php

DeletedUser6798

"The lies we tell other people are nothing to the lies we tell ourselves.”
― Derek Landy

“I often find that people confuse inner peace with some sense of insensibility whenever something goes wrong. In such cases inner peace is a permit for destruction: The unyielding optimist will pretend that the forest is not burning either because he is too lazy or too afraid to go and put the fire out.”
― Criss Jami

“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Look i can rattle off some fancy quotes too. o.o

DeletedUser9979

Alliances 1-15

A couples counsellor may suggest to Momqb and Lord Squid that they spend more time sharing moments of real life instead of sharing an attack planner.

I want to thank you Mikos for this insight. I have been looking to make some changes in my life and what a better place to seek relationship advice but the external forums of grepolis!!

I do have one favor to ask you though. Would you mind throwing some trips in my cities, so the sand will not mess up my phone during our long walks on the beach.

Thank you in advance,

Squiddly Diddly

DeletedUser

Last I checked, 6 months to WW's is a long time. almost two thirds of the life of this server. So while you think everyone is going to happily bounce along until WW's,

It also amazes me that after months you still are talking about The Hive players separately from AM/DM.. Trust me I know this is a mere ploy to emphasize any separation between our single unit But it gets old, and just makes you look sour. Why would anyone want to leave the winning side right now after all this time?

... Instead you will find some way to downplay my points, question my integrity, question my alliances resolve

1. I should reword my notion of sink or swim and adjust it to crown or no crown. The members of Last Rites will more than likely be absorbed just as the academy alliance of Dark Matter will be absorbed into Antimatter, not due to any type of poor performance or lack of leadership, but due to lack of people. Before the Havoc hiccup, this world was a foregone conclusion with our side easily winning, but things have gotten way to balanced and the current trench warfare (the Sargassum Sea) we all find ourselves in may draw this speed one server out one to two years further in the future. I've lived through this scenario before. And if it pans out like that, some of the temporary arrangements and treaties that will have to be made are gonna boggle the mind of Machiavelli himself. Keeping interest and server population going will become the true mark of successful late stage leadership.

2. I'm actually gonna lay off the Hive stuff in the future even though it's as sweet as honey for me to go there. In the culture I'm from, we tend to hold grudges and vendettas for centuries. I criticize that in real life, so I should clean up that up in this virtual world as well. Propaganda-wise, all I'm doing is trying to de-humanize the enemy so that we can humiliate you in-game without feeling the pangs of a guilty conscience as we prepare to earn our crowns.

3. And the definition and treatment of false prophets has been long established. A false prophet is proven so if their prophecies turn out wrong; conversely, a true prophet is proven so if their prophecies turn out correct. In terms of a noon-high shootout in the Wild West, there's only room enough for one sheriff in this town. So either you are a false prophet or - gods forbid - I am. So you can't blame me for considering you a false prophet; otherwise, I'd be suffering from Sybelline self-esteem by possessing foreknowledge of Foosean failure. And since Foos never fails, the corrollary is that your side must. No grandiloquence here, just simple logic.

DeletedUser2630

1. I should reword my notion of sink or swim and adjust it to crown or no crown. The members of Last Rites will more than likely be absorbed just as the academy alliance of Dark Matter will be absorbed into Antimatter, not due to any type of poor performance or lack of leadership, but due to lack of people. Before the Havoc hiccup, this world was a foregone conclusion with our side easily winning, but things have gotten way to balanced and the current trench warfare (the Sargassum Sea) we all find ourselves in may draw this speed one server out one to two years further in the future. I've lived through this scenario before. And if it pans out like that, some of the temporary arrangements and treaties that will have to be made are gonna boggle the mind of Machiavelli himself. Keeping interest and server population going will become the true mark of successful late stage leadership.

2. I'm actually gonna lay off the Hive stuff in the future even though it's as sweet as honey for me to go there. In the culture I'm from, we tend to hold grudges and vendettas for centuries. I criticize that in real life, so I should clean up that up in this virtual world as well. Propaganda-wise, all I'm doing is trying to de-humanize the enemy so that we can humiliate you in-game without feeling the pangs of a guilty conscience as we prepare to earn our crowns.

3. And the definition and treatment of false prophets has been long established. A false prophet is proven so if their prophecies turn out wrong; conversely, a true prophet is proven so if their prophecies turn out correct. In terms of a noon-high shootout in the Wild West, there's only room enough for one sheriff in this town. So either you are a false prophet or - gods forbid - I am. So you can't blame me for considering you a false prophet; otherwise, I'd be suffering from Sybelline self-esteem by possessing foreknowledge of Foosean failure. And since Foos never fails, the corrollary is that your side must. No grandiloquence here, just simple logic.

inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity......

btw, bzzzzzz I'm a former Hive player

DeletedUser

btw, bzzzzzz I'm a former Hive player

As I agreed with Oliver, I won't comment on your being a former Hive member as that is about as relevant to the future of this server as studying Neanderthals is to studying modern history. The Hive was just a failed branch of the evolutionary chain here. So the fact that you have a little Neanderthal blood in your Upsilon veins will remain our dirty little secret, Bayou.

By the way, I thought you could use this picture to create an Avatar for your external postings:

dead_bee.jpg

DeletedUser2630

nice pic :)

some religions believe in rebirth, or reincarnation, with each new manifestation being the opportunity to be stronger. that says it all for me

DeletedUser

nice pic :)
some religions believe in rebirth, or reincarnation, with each new manifestation being the opportunity to be stronger. that says it all for me

Hmmm. Very insightful. It kinda works like that in Grepolis. After we take over all your cities, you will 'reincarnate' out on the RIM somewhere. Like a catepillar, you will have shed your ugly AM/DM skin. But the question is, will you become a moth attracted to the flame of failure (AM/DM) or a butterfly attracted to the flowery fragrance of FOOSian success (AR).

Since your catapults hurl dead cows when they run out of stone, the bad karma you've amassed would probably see you reincarnate as either a bacterial microbe in Brownmatter (TEG) or as a Dung Beetle in the Roughnecks.

And of course, good karmic Oracles like myself obtain the crown of Nirvana.
Buddha-Happy-Statue-2.jpg

P.S.

For all my teasing, I actually think you are a decent player and probably a great person in real life. If there be any truth to reincarnation, perhaps for your next step up the wrung of enlightenment you'll be reborn into a land of Manifest Destiny, reborn as an American, no longer a bayoubrit, but a Grade A US Ragin' Cajun.

DeletedUser

Bellos coming over to Antimatter. But you didn't see that coming Ximi....

“Self proclamation of authoritative titles is a common phenomenon among religious and/or occult sect leaders. A cursory survey of this primarily 20th century phenomenon will instantly reveal a multitude of self-declared Masters, High Priests, Oracles etc.. I am pleased that I cannot count myself among such types. Legitimate religious teachers and scholars know that a genuine spiritual leader is one whose calling to lead is first noticed by those outside of him or herself based on certain qualities, abilities, and actions and then must subsequently be accepted by the individual in question as his or her destiny. This contrasts with those whose will to lead is born simply out of the mundane wish to be a leader. In such cases the goal being to reap the rewards a title brings without the hard work and the innate, manifest qualities which validate the position; in short what might be considered a 'false prophet'."

DeletedUser

Spies are part and parcel of the game, Proniculus. The fact that Bellos had served with America's finest, the USMC, made him automatically trustworthy to me. Call it a blind spot of mine. Marines are trustworthy until proven traitorous. Nevertheless, I shall never forget all the good laughs I've had reading his skype messages, especially about the 800 ilbs woman in the emergency room. And in game, Bellos was instrumental to the reason I am the #1 Head Hauncho Undisputed Master Overlord of O55.

"He saved others but he can't save himself," were the words thrown up at Jesus on the cross by all the petty little Proniculi taunters gathered below. But alas, I am no Jesus, just the humble little Oracle of Upsilon, ever-faithful to the truth that is to be; namely, that AR and her allies shall indeed win the crown.

A big historical P.S.: Benedict Arnold's betrayal didn't lead to a British victory in the Revolutionary War.

And once again, AM/DM builds it's future upon the clay feet of betrayal.

attachment.php

DeletedUser2630

Spies are part and parcel of the game, Proniculus. The fact that Bellos had served with America's finest, the USMC, made him automatically trustworthy to me. Call it a blind spot of mine. Marines are trustworthy until proven traitorous. Nevertheless, I shall never forget all the good laughs I've had reading his skype messages, especially about the 800 ilbs woman in the emergency room. And in game, Bellos was instrumental to the reason I am the #1 Head Hauncho Undisputed Master Overlord of O55.

"He saved others but he can't save himself," were the words thrown up at Jesus on the cross by all the petty little Proniculi taunters gathered below. But alas, I am no Jesus, just the humble little Oracle of Upsilon, ever-faithful to the truth that is to be; namely, that AR and her allies shall indeed win the crown.

A big historical P.S.: Benedict Arnold's betrayal didn't lead to a British victory in the Revolutionary War.

And once again, AM/DM builds it's future upon the clay feet of betrayal.

attachment.php

enough already with the propaganda. We all know as well as you that spies are part of the game and you all use them too. I challenge you to deny that. If you can't deny it then stop wasting your propaganda trying to look like an abused innocent. You will be abused sometime in the future of this game but not as an innocent, rather at the end of my Hoplites spears with your cities laying in ruins. Your boasting will come back to bite you in 055. I have my own little personal challenge to take more than half of your cities in 055 to shut you up. Eventually, just be patient :)

DeletedUser

I have my own little personal challenge to take more than half of your cities in 055 to shut you up.

Newsflash, Brits tend to loose bigtime when they take on a boy wearing the Red White & BayouBlue. As the father of the US Navy once said while taking down the famed HMS Serapis:

"I have not yet begun to fight."

serapis-vs-bonhomme-richard.jpg

DeletedUser11022

Farewell

Hello everyone!

First I want to thank my new Alliance Antimatter for their support in my world wonder cities in oceans 75 & 76. Thanks to their plentiful support I slept through all those rich BP attacks. It pains me to recognize my previous alliance unable to rally attack support to take down a city that only had 900 bir in the harbor...... in their own ocean. I watched as only a couple of attackers were left to take me down by themselves as their leader sat this one out.

If Assassins Rite plans to play this game they have to understand that if you turtle up, you are just asking to be eaten. Regardless, this doesn't matter anymore. Assassins Rite doesn't have the communications or logistical superiority to be able to turn this tide.

I don't blame the players in Assassins Rite for failure. I blame an empty leadership. Foos was gone for so long that he left the alliance without proper guidance. Leadership was passed from leader to leader until he returned from playing in his other world. There was only one person who could have..... should have.... taken the reins of that alliance. That was Garydam. Unfortunately, Gary has RL responsibilities that require his time that eliminates his Grepolis playing.

Gary knew that every player was important. He understood that as an alliance you had to take care of the little people. One such little person was Wileyneus. This is my father-in-law. Wileyneus sailed from ocean 23 to ocean 67 without help. At the time Oracle was in ocean 57. They allowed him safe passage to Special Ops and even protected his city while he prepared his colony ship to sail to us.

The next thing that happened really upset me. Wileyneus kept the city in ocean 57 and renamed it "Killing Fields", and he was going to utilize this to disrupt the enemy from turning the island into a WW island. He revolted many people from on island and was a thorn in the side of AM/DM. He requested defense one day while I was at work. He had been revolted and was posting in the forum for all available help. He posted in skype for help. Some answered. But many didn't. Ximikos posted in Skype that Wileyneus wasn't active enough to keep that city. He posted the grepo stats of Wileyneus in Skype for all to see. Basically this left my father in law out to dry, and made him feel embarrassed because he wasn't as active as some people. After my father in law lost his city he shook his head, walked out my front door and headed back to his house. Garydam was gone at the time, but had he been here that would not have happened. My wife was upset about it and I lost much respect for Ximikos.

I saved the screenshot of this skype conversation if anyone doubts me. Its not that my father in law lost the city that pisses me off. Its the blatant refusal to help a teammate.

Leadership (Foos) being absent left many players in a bad place. Our part-time leaders weren't leaders and decisions to attack active enemies cost us many cities. If Ximikos wants to brag about being head honcho in ocean 55, that's his thing. I would rather think about the team first.

Dividing people into separate alliances and renaming them didn't change a thing. I have more respect for the Saints than anything. They get pounded every day but their leader, Congressman, doesn't run off. I have much respect for Scott. The Saints arn't the toughest alliance in the game, but they take care of ALL their members. I'm not saying I wasn't protected while being attacked. I helped all that I could as well, regardless of their size or activity level.

Ximkos.... you don't respond to mail I send you. Well.... watch the oceans the next couple of days. AR is about to lose quite a bit of cities. And the worst part is there is nothing you can do about it. There will be no warning....

-Bellos

DeletedUser

http://grepointel.com/search.php?pn=wileyneus

To Bellos,

There is nothing wrong with setting up shop deep within enemy territory, but your father-in-law does not possess the profile of one able to do so. In fact, if you look at Herzele's former deep position, he had 4 cities providing stat def to each of his deep ones. So if one wishes to do so anyway, they must find support for their venture. I supported my own city on that same island until handing off to Rhashark cause no one in AM had the courage to attack it (and that island met your 900 or less bir criteria on a daily basis), and maintaining the proper static def for a city almost a full revolt period behind enemy lines was killing me . But Wileyneus had you to support him - you were a much larger player than I in those days, but you were already in AM/DM's hip pocket (as you had confessed to me that you had actually been on their side for four months - long, long before Gary left).

You wanna talk turkey Mr. Semper Infidelis. You made a promise to Garydam that his 56 city would never ever fall into AM/DM hands if he gave it over to you. You were not 'always faithful' as even when making that oath you already had the curse of Judas running in your veins. This is why I shall not answer your in-game messages nor respond to any of your external posts. You are dead to me. I choose to remember only the Bellos who made me laugh my butt off in skype, and who was one of the finest players in Upsilon. I'm certain you'll do magnificently for AM/DM for a while until you hit that uh-oh moment like Benedict Arnold did, when the adreline of betrayal wears off and those 30 pieces of silver seem like a rip-off for the honor and esteem lost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Devotees of the Oracle of Upsilon,

Pronius said it dead right when he queried 'why didn't the Oracle see that coming?' He was right. I gave much thought to the subject, and then it hit me. A fellow Marine wouldn't turn his weapon and launch a sneak attack on his fellow Marine in real life much less in a virtual game. Our many intertwined positions in Upsilon pretty much had us fighting from the same fighting positions. So how did I miss 4 months of treachery from a fellow Marine. Answer: either Bella Bergdahl suffers from some sort of mental illness like PTSD, or he was never a Marine at all.

The fact that he named his cities 'Fort' and not 'Camp' should have been the dead giveaway that he has been an impostor all along and was just doing the deep undercover work of a long-term, well-placed spy. This notion makes me tolerate Mr. Semper Infidelis more as a person. For if he really did serve in the Corps, then he was unfaithful (infidelis) to his commitment to Garydam as he departed this world (and thus manipulative and horrendously traitorous). "Garydam City in O56 shall never fall into AM/DM hands." He might as well have given a virtual kiss to his former friend.

Another sign I should have recognized Bella Berdahl was never a Marine occurred when when he suggested that I take over from Foos in case of Foos' not returning and that perhaps we could talk Lavitz into taking control of the whole show from his SCOURGE position. The suggestion was no crime in and of itself. Thoughtful leaders talk about such things as succession. {In fact, I was also talking to Tirinity leadership at the same time for a possible back up to Foos and Legendary in case the both of them decided to bail and Lavitz unwilling to be the Coordinator for the Alliances that Really Matter}. I told Bella Bergdahl then that should the only one with founder's rights (Foos) decide to quit we'd be forced to reboot the entire AR alliance. But in the meantime I would await Foos' return for another few weeks; I would await Legendary's decision to stay or go; and that I would not 'quit my post until properly relieved'. Mr. Semper Infidelis then made a dismissive comment about this great GENERAL ORDER just like Bergdahl must have done that fateful day in Afghanistan. It's ok to quit Grepolis, but one should never ever quit their alliance without making an honest attempt to properly handing over one's cities.

But I do thank Bella Bergdahl for the honesty of admitting that he'd been working with AM/DM for over four months, twisting the knife in Garydam's back over and over and over and over and over and over and over again with each page he copied and pasted from our forums and attack planners.

------------------------------------------

To Oliver,

AM/DM proves once again the feet of clay upon which it is built. Semper Infidelis Bella Bergdahl Bellos just adds to the list of ignoble cast members that make up the AM/DM horror show. I really liked Bellos before he went all Jihad-Taliban on our butts. This whole darn episode reminds me of that TV show HOMELAND. A Marine turned bad is enough to make Chesty Puller roll over in his grave.

However, if Bella Bergdahl only pretended to be a Marine as I am beginning to suspect just to worm his way into my trust, then that makes him more of a dung beetle than the dung itself in my estimation.

Trust the Oracle's pronouncement on this one Oliver. AM/DM shall regret the poison it has just swallowed. You continue to build your statue upon feet of clay. It shall topple all the harder.

And P.S. , Foos has returned full strength and so has his right hand man Legendary. For us a happy ending, for AM/DM a little BM in their panties. So humble little Ximikos only had to run the show and enjoy the supreme rush of leading the entire Central/Eastern Upsilon World for less than 24 hours. I am now once again free to release my mischief both here in the externals and in O55 where I still reign as supreme #1 player overlord.