The Trashing Talking Thread

DeletedUser9771

Fell down went BOOM... lol j/k i dunno maybe they got bored....

DeletedUser5088

founders disbanded and joined us.

The rest were left to fight for themselves (except for a few good people we picked up ;))

DeletedUser10186

Hey, some go down with the ship and some jump, end results the same I guess. I find it revealing of a person who starts an alliance, gains peoples trust and recruits them and then drops them and leaves them to fight for themselves. Sad really that no one sticks it out a little longer, bit anti-climactic but kudos none the less. Now we can focus though and tie up some of these loose ends laying around and I will just hope that they learn from you guys on how t o play the game and can help going forward. Train them up Swamp, maybe they will turn out to be half way decent ;)

DeletedUser

Hey, some go down with the ship and some jump, end results the same I guess. I find it revealing of a person who starts an alliance, gains peoples trust and recruits them and then drops them and leaves them to fight for themselves.

Very nicely worded, that's exactly how it happens :/ Tina Fey-ceus did the same thing.

DeletedUser10186

Well, poop, put my foot in my mouth, I like Draceus, I thought he was just a member of FS, not a Founder, and I couldn't say honestly whether I would do the same or not as I am a Noob and never seriously founded an alliance. Plus, I don't know the details on that , you would have to ask him.

Obviously, it has to do with the particular situation and it's unique variables, but I would like to think and say I would go down with the girl I came to the dance with and that I would/will go down swinging though and they would FOREVER thisisgrepolis talk about "that glorious time" ,on these forums, an urban legend of Grepolis if you like. LOL That's just my style though, i'm an @$$ and i can't eat ish very well, so love me or hate me, you WILL know you fought me if any one ever comes after me or mine. And so I respect people that stand their ground and for what is right even when it is hard. Further, I just really dislike a couple peeps from the Summit and wanted to needle them a bit LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9771

People do what they need to do to survive. I personally dont hold grudges against those that join us nor would i if we were about to be rimmed or forced to join another alliance. Players put a lot of time and sometimes money into this game and for you to be rimmed cause your stubborn is sometimes dumb, altho honorable....

DeletedUser

It appeared to me that most of FS merged into RA- which then expanded and created nuke. so it didn't appear like Draceus was abandoning his alliance, more that he was merging a majority of it into the victor. at least that's what it looked like from my perspective

DeletedUser10186

Good point Lady, merging is definitely a different matter, and I wouldn't hold it against anybody either way. Just talking ish I guess

DeletedUser9771

I dont know why this would be a issue in the first place. When RA started on this world we had like 30 people before we started taking in the conquered, and of those 30 i would say at least 10 have quit. Were we supposed to build W.W. with 5 people in Endgame because we wouldn't allow people to join or others would rather be rimmed. Even in old times when people got defeated they joined the conqueror, the majority didnt grab a pitch fork and yell "never"!! I realize this is a game and your life is not on the line but the concept is the same just on a smaller scale.

P.s. Just because u started with an alliance/leader doesn't mean u would not have more fun or be more successful with a different one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8562

Hey, some go down with the ship and some jump, end results the same I guess. I find it revealing of a person who starts an alliance, gains peoples trust and recruits them and then drops them and leaves them to fight for themselves. Sad really that no one sticks it out a little longer, bit anti-climactic but kudos none the less. Now we can focus though and tie up some of these loose ends laying around and I will just hope that they learn from you guys on how t o play the game and can help going forward. Train them up Swamp, maybe they will turn out to be half way decent ;)

they did stick it out. lost like 80 cities!

DeletedUser

I dont know why this would be a issue in the first place. When RA started on this world we had like 30 people before we started taking in the conquered, and of those 30 i would say at least 10 have quit. Were we supposed to build W.W. with 5 people in Endgame because we wouldn't allow people to join or others would rather be rimmed. Even in old times when people got defeated they joined the conqueror, the majority didnt grab a pitch fork and yell "never"!! I realize this is a game and your life is not on the line but the concept is the same just on a smaller scale.

P.s. Just because u started with an alliance/leader doesn't mean u would not have more fun or be more successful with a different one.

It's not about any of that, this is a war game, which means to have the most fun you have to be fighting! Playing nice with your top opponents is boring. RA gloats about beating lesser alliances, but why are we surprised when you guys beat someone? It's no surprise when the top 3 alliances work together or agree not to fight each other and allow themselves to focus on taking out weaker alliances that they win.

So keep on bragging about everyone you "nuke", but it really isn't impressive at all lol.
RA is going to slaughter everyone they face, because they have no competition any more.
And that is going to lead to a very boring game for everyone involved.

DeletedUser8562

It's not about any of that, this is a war game, which means to have the most fun you have to be fighting! Playing nice with your top opponents is boring. RA gloats about beating lesser alliances, but why are we surprised when you guys beat someone? It's no surprise when the top 3 alliances work together or agree not to fight each other and allow themselves to focus on taking out weaker alliances that they win.

So keep on bragging about everyone you "nuke", but it really isn't impressive at all lol.
RA is going to slaughter everyone they face, because they have no competition any more.
And that is going to lead to a very boring game for everyone involved.

when good players inquire about joining, what do you want us to do? turn them down?
we started from the bottom, now were here. lol we started rank 10 or so though.

We've built our way up.
It's not the "top 3 alliances ganging up on everyone"
RA and anastasis both started small.
remember when we destroyed TBC when we were rank 10 and they were rank 1? what about FS? they were ranked 1 too.

DeletedUser

FS was capable of fighting, Tina Fey-ceus just threw in the towel too soon.

But you misunderstand my post, mate who pays the check.
I was not discrediting all that RA has accomplished since it's conception. I was referring to its current status and the bragging that ensues, because it currently is the top 3 alliances against lesser ones, no fun in that :/
RA did start from the bottom and are now here, however in grepolis, YOLO does not exist :)