The Oracle of Upsilon: Top 15

DeletedUser

Oracle of Upsilon.jpg

(If thou shouldst click upon the sacred text above, Athena shall grace thee with larger image.)

1 Antimatter 14838000
This alliance has peaked out as far as its momentum relative to her enemies. This will be more apparent in late July when a goodly portion of their WW island ocean (O56) is wrested from their hands. Having built their foundation on malcontents and traitors they will become painfully aware of the adage: “You are what you eat.” Irksomely worded rallying rants using excessive CAPITOLIZATION from their medi-stable leader Erknee will become known as ‘Irk-me’s”. Fed up members will simply quit or ghost without the courtesy of passing on their cities properly to former teammates. World Wonders shall not be completed by this alliance. The gods will not give their blessings to such blasphemy.

2 Assassins Rite 12466239
This alliance enjoys upward momentum. Their recent reorganization and merger with Special Ops is the culmination of a long period of mutual cooperation and trust. Unlike AM’s merger with beat’n bees, this combination stems from mutual benefit , strength and respect. Both alliances shall enjoy a period of great growth thanks to the rationalization of their membership structure, forums and geography.

3 DarkMatter 11157154
See AM

4 The Elder Gods 9858594
A decent outfit with members who pride themselves on clean and noble play. But no matter how much one bathes to keep clean; if one bathes with traitors, defectors and swine, they shouldn’t be surprised if they emerge tainted and smelly. Already there exist wise voices in their ranks that realize this and seek to purify their reputation. TEG will split into two before autumn leaves fall, and the bigger part will opt to fight for neither side, one part shall still fight onwards as AM/DM bastard stepchild., deserving the Game of Thrones title of ‘Snow’.

5 The Trinity 8078926
A surprisingly well-organized lot. This alliance will definitely enter into the WW time in the top 3. After dividing TEG they shall conquer easily those in the North who slavishly do the bidding of their southern masters. BY WW time the Trinity shall enjoy great peace in the North East. To keep members excited, it shall have to play in the core oceans of O44 and O45.

6 Last Rites 6137284
Built from a combo of AR and SO in the Southeast of Upsilon, this alliance rises in the east like the sun, shining its light and warmth into all Matters Dark. And before its light its enemies shall scatter like startled cockroaches seeking refuge from the light in moist fetid subterranean pipes, children of Hades they are.

7 Heracletian Alliance 5036334
Similar to the Trinity, this alliance shall enjoy its rise but shall have problems with boredom once TEG breaks up and the weaker half proves an unworthy opponent. But they have a good several months of great grepo entertainment ahead of them.

8 The Elite 4247160
They should be very, very proud to have made it into the top ten of Upsilon. Never has an alliance with so little (talent and potential)l done so much. Unfortunately, like an impressive growth of mold on bread, you shall start to attract attention and be nonchalantly discarded. As the name of the alliance suggests, these people were legends in their own minds. But on a positive note, they achieved that which all should strive for in grepolis, they achieved for themselves a wonderful but sadly brief moment of fun in the sun.

9 Havoc Resurgent 4088878
Purged of their ne’er-do-wells and outright traitors, this alliance is nearly ready to make its comeback. Like a tree having received daily rains all during its life, your roots have never had to dig deep for water. Now you pay for the surface sprawl of your easy former life. The draught of hard times has seen membership shrivel and die, the winds of war have seen shallow rooted trees of great height fall helplessly to the ground. Indeed have the gods tested you as well as your enemies. Your success or failure lies in forgetting the past. You are not a top alliance fallen to 9th, rather a 9th ranked alliance on the rise to the top. After establishing defensible territory, you shall then push out with the godzillion amounts of city slots AM/DM has been so wantonly given you. You shall share the western portion of the core oceans with allies to your east and beleaguered enemies to the North.

10 *The Elder Gods* 3158579 See #4

11 Dionysus 2951185 Similar to #5 and #7

12 -Guardians of the West- 2927010
Qui custodent ipsos custodientes? Who shall guard the ones guarding?

13 The Wheel 2699374
Quite simply, the Wheel is … on a roll.

14 Night Vision 2567341 like the cockroach it fears the light of day which it will never see. It presently enjoys feasting on the carrion and dead flesh of Havoc, but Havoc Resurgent shall send them back into the darkness where even their night vision shall fail them.

15 -The Elder Gods- 2490494 See#4

Wisdom! Be attentive!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9885

Well done ximikos, interesting insight and well thought out...not sure about your #14 prediction though! :)

DeletedUser

Glad to see not everyone wastes their time with useless charts/graphs. Well done as always, Ximi. ;)

DeletedUser

So much hate is poured into the first paragraph for antimatter/darkmatter. I see you have a bitter relationship with the lot. I must say Oliver's top 10/15 was much more balanced not showing favoritism and he was in Hive at the time. Maybe someone else will post another one.

DeletedUser

O....M.....G....Mikos, not even you can believe that big pile of crap you just muttered about Assassins Rite and Spec Ops being some beautiful merger of heroes.....plbbbbbt!!!! For one, Foos, this great leader starts a war with Antimatter/Dark Matter and then .....ta dah!!! VACATION MODE!!!! In the mean time, AM and DM are consistently taking active members cities from BOTH of your "special" alliances while you all scrape around waiting for intel to try and snatch inactives. Don't get me wrong, this is a smart move considering your struggles in taking any active members cities as of late. Just seems like when someone is getting their rear end handed to them constantly they have to find some trickery in order to ATTEMPT to keep the playing field level, however we all know that will be impossible to do, but you do get an "E" for effort. That was the biggest pile of BS I have ever seen from you and THAT is an accomplishment initself by far!!!

DeletedUser6798

lmao Yes AR and Trinity and Havoc are all trending upward. You didnt make this a sink/swim, but based on your analysis you have 5 of the top 10 alliances swimming.

This is simply a "my enemies shall fail and my allies shall succeed." I am glad you put the effort into writing this, but I really dont see what you based your decisions on.

DeletedUser

Yea, Ximi, you know I love you and think very highly of you, and in previous analysis you have done a decent job. This though was really bad, I mean it was as "propaganda" as possible, obviously every post ever posted on "External" forums are propaganda but dude that was entirely speculative, opinionated and devoid of any actual substance or facts.

I get the need to make this post and I don't fault you at all for the effort but considering there was that much dead weight in AR to make this merge possible and yet still fail to even get that close to AM doesn't really speak to highly of this move. Considering your alliances already worked in tandem, this move really in my mind doesn't do anything but change a few names and people's hopes that this might be the spark needed to change the obvious momentum.

Again this war is still way too early for any side to really claim they are "winning" but I don't predict either side to really break the other barring some major upheaval but to be so biased in your opinion just makes you look worse. At least when others showed their bias they attempted to use actual stats/facts/information to prove their bias.

Also its not fair to say anyone's analysis is wrong just because after the fact things didn't work out, in the world and in life NOBODY can predict the randomness that will be encountered by anyone. Almost all stats and information would show the US is the worlds only superpower but in the randomness of life a MASSIVE natural disaster could turn this country into a pile of ashes, something that cannot be predicted nor does it make the previous analysis that stated the US would be a superpower for many more years incorrect. Future Analysis and Predictions are educated guesses and almost 99% of the time do not play out on how they were stated, all future prediction/analysis are built on the premise "keeping all things equal/constat" which anyone who is alive can tell you that never happens lol.

So please in the future try not to be so obvious in your propaganda...Though I probably would agree with Trinity being around awhile, those guys have no enemies on their other fronts and seem to be "defense" heavy making them a tough nut to crack while they still have too many friends protecting their other fronts but when it comes to Attacking...Lets just say my mother taught me if I don't have anything nice to say....

DeletedUser

I must say Oliver's top 10/15 was much more balanced not showing favoritism and he was in Hive at the time. Maybe someone else will post another one.

The Oracle of Delphi showed favoritism as well to the Greeks. I'm sure Xerxes also consider her prophetic words a one-sided pile of camel caca. That's the problem of truth when it encounters untruth, light when it encounters darkness, matter when it encounters antimatter. The result is far from fair and balanced.

For one, Foos, this great leader starts a war with Antimatter/Dark Matter and then .....ta dah!!! VACATION MODE!!!!

The sign of a great general is that he has top shelf officers to hold command in his place, the very meaning of the french derived word lieutenant. We wish him the best in these very important RL days of his; and quite naturally, we await his return with almost messianic expectation.
But knowing him well, he shall be well pleased at how well we have implemented his plan. The only wrinkle in his plan has been the disgusting betrayal of several sell-sword, traitors from Havoc. I could vaguely see if this were a real mercenary affair with money at stake, but to forego honor for the promise of a virtual profile crown. That ranks right up there with the foolish Indians who sold Manhattan for some glass jewelry.

But Foos would state that his true mastery lies in harnessing the potential of East Upsilon. What he would humbly state, I proudly declare. The man is amongst the best leaders ever seen in grepolis and the best I have encounterd thus far on the US servers, save GaryDam.

...propaganda, but dude that was entirely speculative, opinionated and devoid of any actual substance or facts.

propaganda is simply laying forth pro one's agenda.
speculative is just a little cula view spectare or insight at what may be seen

I claim boldly that the source of my prediction is oracular not numerological. I'm sure that King Priam was told all sorts of comforting numerical reports about his Troy's invincibilty, and I'm sure the French generalcy sat smuggly at the perfection of their Maginot line.

But you have properly called me out. I have uttered an opinion.
Opinor is Latin meaning to be of opinion, suppose, imagine, conjecture, deem, believe, think, judge.

My judgement may be off, what I believe will be may not, and what I imagine could only be a fictitious figment. This is why you haven't surrendered and left Upsilon yet. But this is also why the East fights with dogged, almost fanatical conviction. We know the Oracle's predictions are truth realized, just not yet realized in time. The gods have done their Olympian duty through their Holy Oracle, now it is the faithfuls' duty to see those timeless words fulfilled in the course of server history.

They have eyes, but cannot see; mathematical abilities but cannot compute; they have the words spoken by the Oracle of Upsilon yet cannot hear.

WISDOM! BE ATTENTIVE!

DeletedUser

O....M.....G....Mikos, not even you can believe that big pile of crap you just muttered about Assassins Rite and Spec Ops being some beautiful merger of heroes.....plbbbbbt!!!! For one, Foos, this great leader starts a war with Antimatter/Dark Matter and then .....ta dah!!! VACATION MODE!!!! In the mean time, AM and DM are consistently taking active members cities from BOTH of your "special" alliances while you all scrape around waiting for intel to try and snatch inactives. Don't get me wrong, this is a smart move considering your struggles in taking any active members cities as of late. Just seems like when someone is getting their rear end handed to them constantly they have to find some trickery in order to ATTEMPT to keep the playing field level, however we all know that will be impossible to do, but you do get an "E" for effort. That was the biggest pile of BS I have ever seen from you and THAT is an accomplishment initself by far!!!

I was laughing so hard when I read this. Ximi is so full of it, it is almost sad. I don't know why we even bother responding to this guy. It's all mindless jargon from a guy who categorizes himself as a prophet or oracle. You are the Nostradumass of US-21. I have a prediction for you moving forward Ximi. Your gonna take in-actives and hand-offs just like the rest of your alliance(s). I want to comment on the rest of what you put, but none of it is even worth responding to as it is not based in reality at all. Like I said in one of your other posts....Bring it!!

DeletedUser9979

Mikos.... I have always had respect for you as a player and I have not underestimated your ability to monitor grepointel, but I am a bit disappointed in your list. I expected a bit more from you.

Sincerely,

Squiddly Diddly

DeletedUser

Mikos.... but I am a bit disappointed in your list.
Squiddly Diddly

The moving hand writes and having writ moves on. Neither all thy tears nor [disappointment] may wash away a word of it.

(adaptation from the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam)

DeletedUser6798

Aww Mikos completely ignores me. I guess I am not welcome in his thread of ego-inflating "wisdom"

DeletedUser

Yea, Ximi, you know I love you and think very highly of you, and in previous analysis you have done a decent job. This though was really bad, I mean it was as "propaganda" as possible, obviously every post ever posted on "External" forums are propaganda but dude that was entirely speculative, opinionated and devoid of any actual substance or facts.

I get the need to make this post and I don't fault you at all for the effort but considering there was that much dead weight in AR to make this merge possible and yet still fail to even get that close to AM doesn't really speak to highly of this move. Considering your alliances already worked in tandem, this move really in my mind doesn't do anything but change a few names and people's hopes that this might be the spark needed to change the obvious momentum.

Again this war is still way too early for any side to really claim they are "winning" but I don't predict either side to really break the other barring some major upheaval but to be so biased in your opinion just makes you look worse. At least when others showed their bias they attempted to use actual stats/facts/information to prove their bias.

Also its not fair to say anyone's analysis is wrong just because after the fact things didn't work out, in the world and in life NOBODY can predict the randomness that will be encountered by anyone. Almost all stats and information would show the US is the worlds only superpower but in the randomness of life a MASSIVE natural disaster could turn this country into a pile of ashes, something that cannot be predicted nor does it make the previous analysis that stated the US would be a superpower for many more years incorrect. Future Analysis and Predictions are educated guesses and almost 99% of the time do not play out on how they were stated, all future prediction/analysis are built on the premise "keeping all things equal/constat" which anyone who is alive can tell you that never happens lol.

So please in the future try not to be so obvious in your propaganda...Though I probably would agree with Trinity being around awhile, those guys have no enemies on their other fronts and seem to be "defense" heavy making them a tough nut to crack while they still have too many friends protecting their other fronts but when it comes to Attacking...Lets just say my mother taught me if I don't have anything nice to say....

This is self-contradictory in some parts, but with that said, I agree with what you're trying to say. However, even though his post wasn't as 'subtle' as the others OR paired with charts on charts on charts, it doesn't mean his opinion holds any more or less bearing. This is all guess-work at best. I am glad you realize that this world(US21), and others like it, are incredibly volatile with many moving variables.

But, he's been on the ball more than anyone else here -- all bias aside. Why waste his nights putting together useless charts and graphs like your buddy did? For 'substance'? Come on now, let's be real.. The majority of responses here are by nothing more than self-perceived 'front-runners' coming out to voice their opinions regardless of what's been written(as this thread is evident). This is the Internet and people are allowed to be idiots. That's their right and that's why these Forums are exciting and amusing. I'm just wondering where many of you were right after Hive collapsed(rhetorical Q)? I'd hate for something similar to happen and many of you to disappear again. ;)

Only time will tell.. All kidding aside, glad someone(you) on your guys' end put some effort in. :D

DeletedUser

The moving hand writes and having writ moves on. Neither all thy tears nor [disappointment] may wash away a word of it.

(adaptation from the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam)

Judging by your fighting prowess Ximi, I guess this a prime example where the pen is mightier than the sword.

DeletedUser10390

That was an amusing list. Slightly biased.... slightly lol.

DeletedUser6798

Why waste his nights putting together useless charts and graphs like your buddy did?

Why does everyone think I made those charts??

grepostats shows them on the front page of a player's profile.

I guess not many people use these sites, because it should be glaringly obvious I didnt waste my time making them.

I also used them one time. I guess they made a very profound impact on a lot of people. That is good.

It is also hard to say someone has been the most right on here when he has only predicted 3 things... (no bias). They also werent very difficult predictions. (I am waiting for the end of May Mikos). Believe me, I am glad he put together a Top 15 analysis, but even here he didnt commit to a Sink/Swim type comment.

Lets just say my mother taught me if I don't have anything nice to say....

Lmao you got an infraction for foul language didnt you :p

DeletedUser

Lmao you got an infraction for foul language didnt you :p

Lets get this thread back on topic, shall we? Discussing infractions isn't exactly what this, or any, thread should be about. If you want to discuss moderation or make any comments about it, send the moderators a PM.

Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser

Judging by your fighting prowess Ximi, I guess this a prime example where the pen is mightier than the sword.

I have to admit that I probably have one of the lowest abp/dbp production per hour spent logged into grepo. Folks ask me why I spend so much time assembling intel, running internal forums, spending time on extenal forums. I do love the thrill of attacking and defending, but I love this pen more than the point of a spear, especially a Speed One spear!

Benjamin Franklin was no great General like George Washington nor a great Captain like John Paul Jones; but Franklin's diplomacy and skill with that tiny instrument you so belittle, the pen, were instrumental in winning the war.

If you have any doubt about the might of the pen, just note that although I have no cities north of south O54 and although I have never sent so much as a single ls against TEG, this alliance you depend on to be your unrewarded lap dogs will be split asunder into two alliances, one neutral one stubbornly committed to ruin. The pen did that Pronius, the pen. Underestimate the pen at your own risk.

DeletedUser8491

If you have any doubt about the might of the pen, just note that although I have no cities north of south O54 and although I have never sent so much as a single ls against TEG, this alliance you depend on to be your unrewarded lap dogs will be split asunder into two alliances, one neutral one stubbornly committed to ruin. The pen did that Pronius, the pen. Underestimate the pen at your own risk.

In no way, shape, or form is TEG a lap dog alliance to AM/DM. From the beginning, TEG has stood on her own. We make our own decisions. At times, YOUR friends in Havoc even accused us of having no friends...saying that it had not gone unnoticed that TEG was alone in this world. So make up your minds. Are we on our own? Or are we AM/DM lapdogs? Can't be both.

DeletedUser

Mind Games

In no way, shape, or form is TEG a lap dog alliance to AM/DM. From the beginning, TEG has stood on her own. We make our own decisions. At times, YOUR friends in Havoc even accused us of having no friends...saying that it had not gone unnoticed that TEG was alone in this world. So make up your minds. Are we on our own? Or are we AM/DM lapdogs? Can't be both.

IP....no one of any consequence ever considered you a lap dog. The only reason they say it is to try and drive a wedge between two very strong allies. Pretty desperate as we still have 6+ more months to go. It will get much worse from here. Definitely don't take their words personally all just part of the "game".