The History of Rho... as it happens

DeletedUser

Thanks dez for clarifying that for Hegemony.

RaZor! Cowards? A bit harsh for never even been in a battle with us. I have a PM from you that could say otherwise. I think we talked a little about mutual respect or something like that. I remember telling you, and being honest and strait about it, that we would defend our closest allies when requested, but would not get involved with any offensive op and if you wished to dissolve the pact at that time, so be it. Nothing cowardly about that.

When Underverse and their buddies joined AoK and said it was just to help you guys and under the table signed a pact with AoK, we have been openly in battle with them. Have they been keeping this from you? That put you on the list as well as being tied to AoK but I have kept my word to you thus far about no offensive. Is keeping my word so cowardly? Well, I guess I will openly say at this point you are now on the Hegemony hit list as well. My guys don't take well to being called cowards nor do I.

Oh ya, keep in mind what KG said as well, about this being just a game, I think I also told you the same thing in the PM over a month ago. Nothing personal..:)
Best of luck to ya, I think you will need it.

Oh, and I have never said anything to anyone about us being neutral. We are not.

Not really sure what I was thinking when I called you guys cowards......only thing I can remember is that you were supporting VL when they declared war on us. You never spoke up about Bubba's dropping us from the coalition without a vote....but then again, most nobody did. They were too afraid to get ostricized like we were. UV was the only alliance to speak up and do anything about the fact that we got flat out screwed by the coalition for no good reason at all.
VL claimed it was because we were taking cities in their core....while they consistently did and still do the same to us. Mike claimed it was because I took a city on one of HIS islands and did so just to irritate him. A childish reason to go to war. I'd have just said I went to war because I wanted to before I'd have used a pathetic excuse like that.

DeletedUser

Honor has absolutely nothing to do with espionage, RaZoR. "All is fair in love and war". I have yet to see a MAJOR alliance on ANY SERVER have a "no spy" policy. It happens and is a part of the game that needs to be accounted for.

That being said, Mike is not to blame for any of this at all. PT21 was one of my guys from AO but more importantly, we all played together in US1.Alpha. He NEVER had any real intel that benefited us in a meaningful way but yes, he did give his towns to his drinking buddy in real life, PSKROB. He was not planted there to spy but ended up going to Empire after AO dissolved. I assumed at the time that green flags would stay that way etc...

This thread is polluted so this will be my only post here but I think it would behoove folks to remember that this IS JUST A GAME. It's literally just a stupid hobby and nothing more. There's no reason for anyone to take things personally.

I'm finally learning that espionage is part of the game. But I still don't like it. the only reason it is part of the game is because people have figured out a way around what the devs intended. Had they intended it to be a part of the game, having double accounts wouldn't get you banned. There'd be a section in the wiki on it. It would be mentioned SOMEWHERE within the game itself (even in the tutorial). Sadly, it is not and only through crap like we've gotten put through do innocent, honorable players find out about it. I find going outside the game maker's rules (actual or intended) to be dishonorable. That is how I equate spying to be dishonorable. Even if it's not, at the least, it is playing dirty. A method of play is only fair if it is accessible to all and known by all. This part of the game definitely doesn't comply with either of those.

I will, however, use it in the future to even the playing field. I'll just have to take a shower afterwards. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This Just In !

Empire falling to pieces.

After attempting to be fully absorbed into Viking Lords (LoL) Members are leaving quick fast and in a hurry.
Of course Platgold is there to take them in. How fitting.

Empire flag not down yet..but the Empire itself is in ruins.

High Fives all around. :D

For sure. Empire dropped. Did all I could to hold it together but many leaders didn't want to lead. You'll say I'm covering, but I think we were headed down from internal problems before you guys even started attacking us. We'd been arguing for a while about dead weight and how to handle it.

And what's wrong with Platgold taking in some of our guys? Everybody seems to sneer when they talk about him, but I've never heard why.

Besides the guys that went to Plat, the rest of us who weren't anchors formed Phoenix Rising and we've been doing good. Taken almost 30 cities and lost only 1. Of course we've only been fighting The Golden Shower and The Care Bears.

Now that VL violated our NAP for the 4th time, Louis is finally letting me go at them. 2 days in and the scorecard already reads 6 to 1 and I've been sick the whole time. Can't wait to run an op on'em. Only wish a few of the arrogant ones had cities in areas we need to control.

I'm also wondering if VT Batiatus got kicked from VL because we were taking his cities? Seems like that happened to a couple VL 2 players when we were at war with them under the Empire flag.

BTW, Mike, you might want to get back in the game. You're starting to look inactive. lol

DeletedUser

Not really sure what I was thinking when I called you guys cowards......only thing I can remember is that you were supporting VL when they declared war on us. You never spoke up about Bubba's dropping us from the coalition without a vote....but then again, most nobody did. They were too afraid to get ostricized like we were. UV was the only alliance to speak up and do anything about the fact that we got flat out screwed by the coalition for no good reason at all.
VL claimed it was because we were taking cities in their core....while they consistently did and still do the same to us. Mike claimed it was because I took a city on one of HIS islands and did so just to irritate him. A childish reason to go to war. I'd have just said I went to war because I wanted to before I'd have used a pathetic excuse like that.

You still don't get it. I will say it one more time, so pay attention. There was in Fact a vote before Empire was Dropped. A special Tab was opened for the purpose of voting and nearly every Banner voted you out. You were not invited to participate in the vote, for the same reason they don't let the accused individual sit on the Jury. Get over it. Empire plotted and schemed and got caught.

DeletedUser5827

and mike is in vm, razor. had to take a little grepo break to take care of some rl issues. Dont worry he will be back :)

DeletedUser

For sure. Empire dropped. Did all I could to hold it together but many leaders didn't want to lead. You'll say I'm covering, but I think we were headed down from internal problems before you guys even started attacking us. We'd been arguing for a while about dead weight and how to handle it.

And what's wrong with Platgold taking in some of our guys? Everybody seems to sneer when they talk about him, but I've never heard why.

Besides the guys that went to Plat, the rest of us who weren't anchors formed Phoenix Rising and we've been doing good. Taken almost 30 cities and lost only 1. Of course we've only been fighting The Golden Shower and The Care Bears.

Now that VL violated our NAP for the 4th time, Louis is finally letting me go at them. 2 days in and the scorecard already reads 6 to 1 and I've been sick the whole time. Can't wait to run an op on'em. Only wish a few of the arrogant ones had cities in areas we need to control.

I'm also wondering if VT Batiatus got kicked from VL because we were taking his cities? Seems like that happened to a couple VL 2 players when we were at war with them under the Empire flag.

BTW, Mike, you might want to get back in the game. You're starting to look inactive. lol

looking for the most recent score card after you took those 6 in actives.... *******

DeletedUser

i can give it to you if you prefer, but id hate to embarrass you.

DeletedUser

lol HalfInactiveMike, has a ring to it.

Zero sum is on RBolton's account, that's interesting stuff lol. He lost how many cities his first few days back? Lost count. Good player though.

AoK killed one of the Legion banners. LOL so sad. we decimate VL in our oceans on the regular. Admittedly, because they are too far from home. Actually, let me correct this, it's more like we hit them for BP. I wish people would stop taking those cities. Like a bunch of "grog"s, cheap BP. It might take more than 2 nukes to kill 5k DLU behind a broken wall if we were hitting in O34? I dunno. Proximity might help with that. Lessons in defense would do better. Not being battle tested is rough stuff, apparently. Here's a fun fact: hops are weak to sling nuke lol. That one's on the house.

I'd say AoK isn't doing too bad for a "mediocre alliance who will be removed from O55 within a few months", so says wooty the guy who is now also inactive and about to have his account handed off lol. Ironic really. Like some kind of accidental self prophecy. So much for all of those long term predictions. Pity.

I'm still on BP boycott. Come. On.

DeletedUser

lol HalfInactiveMike, has a ring to it.

Zero sum is on RBolton's account, that's interesting stuff lol. He lost how many cities his first few days back? Lost count. Good player though.

AoK killed one of the Legion banners. LOL so sad. we decimate VL in our oceans on the regular. Admittedly, because they are too far from home. Actually, let me correct this, it's more like we hit them for BP. I wish people would stop taking those cities. Like a bunch of "grog"s, cheap BP. It might take more than 2 nukes to kill 5k DLU behind a broken wall if we were hitting in O34? I dunno. Proximity might help with that. Lessons in defense would do better. Not being battle tested is rough stuff, apparently. Here's a fun fact: hops are weak to sling nuke lol. That one's on the house.

I'd say AoK isn't doing too bad for a "mediocre alliance who will be removed from O55 within a few months", so says wooty the guy who is now also inactive and about to have his account handed off lol. Ironic really. Like some kind of accidental self prophecy. So much for all of those long term predictions. Pity.

I'm still on BP boycott. Come. On.

Hey Josh, nice sum up of how you guys have done lately. No disrespect intended on my part. There are many very good players in here and you are one of them, and I respect you all. This is a game played to win, with many strategies. Some will work for long term and some wont. I Just thought I would put this out from another perspective view.

The way I have seen it from this side of the map, the only reason AoK and HN have been growing is because they have been taking the knowingly, un-defend-able cities and alliances, (WK, L-AoT) and then picking out the weak, un-battle tested players (former Nexus). Good move for short term growth but it wont last, and the short term growth points points picked up from the the un-battle tested turncoats may be a good thing for us. Just a good way for us to eat our simmers and in-actives and gain better points from the deal. UV has lost the momentum because they are out of resources to eat like this, and have now seen the tables turn. But we have not just gone for their in actives and simmers, big difference here.

Anyway, you have done well in the last few months but against what, and who? Just my take from my side of the map. Oh and by the way, Nice save on Buz's city a few weeks back. lol I thought I had that one bagged until you showed up. :) I got it later anyway.

No long term prediction here though, even if I can see one. :)

DeletedUser

I think the lack of BraveHeart' participation was a big part of the whole HN/UV offensive surge.. The merge with Nexus, promising at first, was a bad move on our part. It bit us in the ass when members like Mr Tony gave their cities to HN and UV before even telling us they're quitting...

Now that we're down to the original BraveHeart group, morale is high and we've recently taken several cities from the opposition. Things are looking good

DeletedUser

Hey Josh, nice sum up of how you guys have done lately. No disrespect intended on my part. There are many very good players in here and you are one of them, and I respect you all. This is a game played to win, with many strategies. Some will work for long term and some wont. I Just thought I would put this out from another perspective view.

The way I have seen it from this side of the map, the only reason AoK and HN have been growing is because they have been taking the knowingly, un-defend-able cities and alliances, (WK, L-AoT) and then picking out the weak, un-battle tested players (former Nexus). Good move for short term growth but it wont last, and the short term growth points points picked up from the the un-battle tested turncoats may be a good thing for us. Just a good way for us to eat our simmers and in-actives and gain better points from the deal. UV has lost the momentum because they are out of resources to eat like this, and have now seen the tables turn. But we have not just gone for their in actives and simmers, big difference here.

Anyway, you have done well in the last few months but against what, and who? Just my take from my side of the map. Oh and by the way, Nice save on Buz's city a few weeks back. lol I thought I had that one bagged until you showed up. :) I got it later anyway.

No long term prediction here though, even if I can see one. :)

Yea some of the players we took out were scrubs. I could reference Grampie being wiped out of our areas and O55, but again he was too far from home and way too green to be in my neck of the woods. I'll tell ya straight up why we did what we did: Location, location, location buddy. It wasn't about the players, or pride, or even morale. It was cold, calculating positioning. Land grabs. RBolton knew it and so do you. We control the 70's, now the 60's too. We have also linked our former PiD bulk to the eastern bulk and intermingled. We built a wall. Honestly there was no real challenge over there from anyone until Guss stepped in, and did he ever. That guy, what a player.

It was never personal with Legion AOT, who absolutely did have very few quality players. It was all a matter of strategy. Plus they were isolated. My question is though, if UV is so weak (nice take on Scatopolis by the way. man I hate when you hit my support lol) then why are there still UV players in O45? O45 to your side is like O65 is to us. On a broad scale: coalition vs coalition.. I think it's a coin toss. Both can claim they're winning, both have taken severe losses. This entire conflict could ultimately quagmire, turn into a stalemate.

DeletedUser

There are uv cities in 45 only because due to our numbers we (ros) can only take 5-7 at a time lol. We may have only taken two last time due to some rl emergencies but notice that the one that I helped out on was conquered :)

DeletedUser

I wont argue with you Josh on location, Good move on that, but there wasnt much other choice as it was. I agree on the possible stalemate also. AS far as the UV left in 45, they for the most part they just have not been priority targets. And some have just been lucky at the right time. Their time will come. Its all been a matter of "location" and priority locations first. Getting the right location then cut off the head. lol I guess time will tell the story. Who knows, maybe we are all about to hit that wall we cant climb. " Quagmire"

See ya on the battlefield.

DeletedUser

There was a battle in Rho yesterday unlike any I have ever witnessed or been involved in. BH pulled off an almost impossible takeover of a City stacked to the brim with DLU and a good bunch of Bir.

I first seen the post yesterday morning from BH and it was just a simple request for clearing help on a takeover. I seen the post and a report and the huge defensive numbers in the city and told them I felt they should consider scrapping that. A few minutes later I got a PM from Keith at BH and he indicated they had several of Phay's cities in revolt and really needed to take this one bad, cause it was in their core area and Phay was continually attacking members from it. Said it was already in revolt and CS underway. He indicated they also had others including him, who had revolt on the city and other CS standing by with over 10hrs of R2 left.

I took a second look at the reports. The transports in the harbor indicated over 15K DLU at the time and over 3500 Bir in the Harbor, But the wall was at 5. With a 5 wall, we just might have a chance if we can knock down the Bir wall. I told Keith to round up all the LS he can find and I would do the same and then evaluate numbers. It looked as if we might have enough so we launched them all. We then set a rough time to start landing OLU when we figured the harbor would be clear. It was by far not the most organised in timing because we never had the time to plan out landings or figure timing so the attacks were spread across the oceans from all directions headed for the city in ocean 36. Phay changed the name of the city to Bloody Bay, which was fitting for this Bay has thousands at its depths. The first CS hit the big Br wall and was sunk. It was looking pretty grim. My LS fleets smashed into the Bir wall one by one and sunk to bottom of Bloody Bay. Then, the last LS fleet broke through! We had cleared the harbor!!

Now that we had finally cleared the harbor, our OLU nukes started to roll in. Keith had set another CS on the way. Another report just before this indicated an increase of defense in the city to over 28K DLU based on the transport numbers. I didnt think we had a chance but at this point it was to late to pull back. We still had the hope of the 5 wall which was now up to 8 and growing, and we had many from Hegemony, VL, and from BH hitting the city full force. I had contacted RoS also and they were working on distractions and revolts in the North to not only help pull some defense, but to also take advantage of the situation for more possible takeovers.

The numbers of defense in Bloody Bay began to drop little by little until finally it looked like we had some hope. A spy report indicated only around 5k DLU was left in the city. At about the same time, my OLU nukes started hitting more Bir and sunk to the bottom of Bloody Bay. I thought it was over for us, then suddenly the next wave broke through and the next, and so on. My OLU fleet took out last remaining DLU and all the transports! 6772 ABP on that one hit!! The city was clear!! I still had a few waves of OLU inbound! Keith scrambled and had another CS ready to go very close by, he set it off to land early. The OLU kept hitting incoming support, and another Br wall, then LS nuke would roll in and take em out so the OLU could continue the clear. Waiting for my last OLU wave to hit, suddenly a report came in seconds before my last wave hit and said your revolt has prematurely ended. Whoo, the CS had landed!!

I for one have to admit, I did not think we could take this city. UV done a hell of a job stacking it and trying to keep this city from falling, but to my surprise, it was not enough. This could not have been done if everyone from other alliances would not have joined forces. Hegemony, VL, BH, and RoS all played a part in the success of this epic battle. This was a battle of Legendary proportions, epic in all the sense. But as time continues, and alliance's and members grow, this will be small compared to what lies ahead.
I ended up with Attacker of the Day on this battle. Thanks Keith for asking me to join in this one and also thanks Phay, UV and Josh for the BP!! haha. Oh by the way Josh, You had that Decoy CS pegged with that snipe. haha

I would also like to personally thank my guys at Hegemony for stepping up at the last minute and willingly sending some awesome offense into this battle. We could not have done it with out the help of all those who joined in.

DNP1

DeletedUser8458

There was a battle in Rho yesterday unlike any I have ever witnessed or been involved in. BH pulled off an almost impossible takeover of a City stacked to the brim with DLU and a good bunch of Bir.

I first seen the post yesterday morning from BH and it was just a simple request for clearing help on a takeover. I seen the post and a report and the huge defensive numbers in the city and told them I felt they should consider scrapping that. A few minutes later I got a PM from Keith at BH and he indicated they had several of Phay's cities in revolt and really needed to take this one bad, cause it was in their core area and Phay was continually attacking members from it. Said it was already in revolt and CS underway. He indicated they also had others including him, who had revolt on the city and other CS standing by with over 10hrs of R2 left.

I took a second look at the reports. The transports in the harbor indicated over 15K DLU at the time and over 3500 Bir in the Harbor, But the wall was at 5. With a 5 wall, we just might have a chance if we can knock down the Bir wall. I told Keith to round up all the LS he can find and I would do the same and then evaluate numbers. It looked as if we might have enough so we launched them all. We then set a rough time to start landing OLU when we figured the harbor would be clear. It was by far not the most organised in timing because we never had the time to plan out landings or figure timing so the attacks were spread across the oceans from all directions headed for the city in ocean 36. Phay changed the name of the city to Bloody Bay, which was fitting for this Bay has thousands at its depths. The first CS hit the big Br wall and was sunk. It was looking pretty grim. My LS fleets smashed into the Bir wall one by one and sunk to bottom of Bloody Bay. Then, the last LS fleet broke through! We had cleared the harbor!!

Now that we had finally cleared the harbor, our OLU nukes started to roll in. Keith had set another CS on the way. Another report just before this indicated an increase of defense in the city to over 28K DLU based on the transport numbers. I didnt think we had a chance but at this point it was to late to pull back. We still had the hope of the 5 wall which was now up to 8 and growing, and we had many from Hegemony, VL, and from BH hitting the city full force. I had contacted RoS also and they were working on distractions and revolts in the North to not only help pull some defense, but to also take advantage of the situation for more possible takeovers.

The numbers of defense in Bloody Bay began to drop little by little until finally it looked like we had some hope. A spy report indicated only around 5k DLU was left in the city. At about the same time, my OLU nukes started hitting more Bir and sunk to the bottom of Bloody Bay. I thought it was over for us, then suddenly the next wave broke through and the next, and so on. My OLU fleet took out last remaining DLU and all the transports! 6772 ABP on that one hit!! The city was clear!! I still had a few waves of OLU inbound! Keith scrambled and had another CS ready to go very close by, he set it off to land early. The OLU kept hitting incoming support, and another Br wall, then LS nuke would roll in and take em out so the OLU could continue the clear. Waiting for my last OLU wave to hit, suddenly a report came in seconds before my last wave hit and said your revolt has prematurely ended. Whoo, the CS had landed!!

I for one have to admit, I did not think we could take this city. UV done a hell of a job stacking it and trying to keep this city from falling, but to my surprise, it was not enough. This could not have been done if everyone from other alliances would not have joined forces. Hegemony, VL, BH, and RoS all played a part in the success of this epic battle. This was a battle of Legendary proportions, epic in all the sense. But as time continues, and alliance's and members grow, this will be small compared to what lies ahead.
I ended up with Attacker of the Day on this battle. Thanks Keith for asking me to join in this one and also thanks Phay, UV and Josh for the BP!! haha. Oh by the way Josh, You had that Decoy CS pegged with that snipe. haha

I would also like to personally thank my guys at Hegemony for stepping up at the last minute and willingly sending some awesome offense into this battle. We could not have done it with out the help of all those who joined in.

DNP1

Hey,you should write a book!
I love reading your post lol :D
As much as I hate revolt worlds this fight seemed really interesting!

DeletedUser10111

Dude this had me pumped for a good fight. very well written. Thank you.

DeletedUser

haha DNP, I remember Bloody Bay. That was an awesome battle. We have had many like that since then with victories and losses on both sides but suddenly it is quiet in here. AoK and HEM are steamrolling you guys. It's bad man, I'm taking cities at will and passing them off. I have 4 slots and I've been city shopping and rotating cities to my guys for 3 days solid. I'm not gloating but we turned this war around. I still control O55 with my friends and I'm pecking away at those old RoS core islands. That's just me, and my guys are killin it on all fronts. Still haven't been moved, and advancing. The predictions made before by now ghosted players were way off. Rollin along towards wonders.

DeletedUser

Well, you haven't been steam rolling us but I gotta hand it to ya, you have made some good progress on those guys in the 55 area. Anyway, It looks like things are about to change again here in Rho. HE and AoK cant both win this. Good luck to you both.

And ya Plat, have at it. Go back to the Sink or swim and give it a shot, or lets see, if I remember right, Josh said he was going to throw another one out but never did. Give it a shot guys.